How do you avoid the fatal bug in A New Source of Stalhrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Clau

The Fateless One
Dear fellow console players,

Hi, I have three characters who ventured into Solstheim and I've no luck in starting that quest. Deor Woodcutter can't be prompted for the dialogue of that quest. I'm building up a new character and will soon venture into the island and I would greatly appreciate some helpful reminders on how to avoid that glitch.

Thanks in advance!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Don't run up on him and Fanari I think they have to talk about Baldor first and then he'll ask you to go find him.

Clau

The Fateless One
Don't run up on him and Fanari I think they have to talk about Baldor first and then he'll ask you to go find him.

Thanks. So that means I have to wait for them to finish talking before interacting?

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Yes, you need to wait for them to open the conversation and beside this, I think that you need first to do the Temple of Miraak quest so when you finish it, you come back to the Skaal village with that woman and become a friend of them. From that point on is just a matter of waiting for the right moment to talk to that guy who tell you about the disappearance of the blacksmith and once you rescue him, you get what you want.

Clau

The Fateless One
Yes, you need to wait for them to open the conversation and beside this, I think that you need first to do the Temple of Miraak quest so when you finish it, you come back to the Skaal village with that woman and become a friend of them. From that point on is just a matter of waiting for the right moment to talk to that guy who tell you about the disappearance of the blacksmith and once you rescue him, you get what you want.

Hey thanks. I'll try that once I power up some more.

Chadonraz

I triggered that quest in a totally different way: by accepting a "Rescue Mission" quest from Vilkas.
The objective said to rescue Woodcutter from a cave, but he was wandering around Haafingar when I checked my map... then a couple more weird things occurred, and I ended up receiving "A New Source of Stahlrim". o_O

There is a glitch which has happened to me when mining the Stahlrim whereby i get stuck in mining mode. Had to go back to a previous save.

Clau

The Fateless One

Clau

The Fateless One
There is a glitch which has happened to me when mining the Stahlrim whereby i get stuck in mining mode. Had to go back to a previous save.

What happened to me was no Stalhrim was being harvested. My character just picking away but nothing was being chipped. Had to reload when I sensed that it was a glitch.

Georgia

Once you have killed Miraak you can speak to deor. Then everyone in the village talks to you and new quests added

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts