How do I revive Lydia?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Richard94

My lydia died a tragic death when I told here to wait at a certain point so I could lure some enimes into a trap that involver her, she died in the process and I've been to the hall of the dead and yet she isn't there or anywere, House or Mountain so then I decided to go to the cave were she had died and I've found here dead body but I can't do anything with it, I would like to resorect her but I don't know how. Please can someone help me? thanks

BTW I'm playing on Xbox 360 so no f***ing console commands I don't like to cheat like that anyway

BSE

Sorry to say, but there are only 2 ways to resurrect her that I know of.

1) Play on a PC and use the console commands.

2) Load a save from before she died.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Is there some reason you need Lydia specifically? Or do you just need a follower?

On a console you can't marry Lydia, which I think is a bug... I myself am a little over-committed to the AI and replay many a fierce battle because after finishing it I discover that Lydia is dead (often by my own hand when she jumps in the way of my devastating blow). Writing currently as I wait for the last-saved version to load.

If you want to marry a woman who will follow you into battle, I would consider travelling to Riften and meeting the Lioness...

mellojoe

There's also a bug in the PC version where your follower doesn't level along with you. So, if you got Lydia early, like most of us do, then she gets stuck at a really low level. So, while you are running around at level 40 and 50, she's level 8 or 9. Sure, you can load her up with great armor, but her heath and damage output is still fairly low.

Getting a new follower later in the PC games means one with higher base stats.

omac0101

What about Farkas? who says you cant marry him? And yes I am under the impression that your character is male.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts