• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkankyCat

I killed Ms. Widearms after a dispute about the profits from her side job, and now I want to find a more suitable mate. I went to the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun, but I really don't know what the proper steps are from there. If someone can help me or point me in the direction of marriage dissolution tutorial I would be most grateful.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
From my understanding, you could. For example, if your spouse was a follower and died during battle, the player might get a letter stating they earned some inheritance. I think after some time has passed, the player could wear the Amulet of Mara again and seek another husband/wife.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
If you play on a console you can't re-marry. Sorry. :sadface: I believe pc players can type in a command to change their spouse. I've tried to re-marry in previous games and although you do receive an inheritance, you never get the option to marry again. You'll just have to wait for them to patch a divorce or re-marriage option into the game with future updates.

redrkt

Premium Member
I thought that if your spouse died you could sell the matrimony ring and then could remarry?

Skyrim_885

my spouse went missing in a dungeon, i went there checked it inside out, still was not there. but thx for the help :)

azali100

I don't know about remarrying, but I see you went for the controlled divorce. My wife had a...."hunting accident" herself. Quite sad really.

sticky runes

I fast traveled a few times, waited several days and my spouse still isnt here. o_O
Did you wait in the place where your spouse lives? Either in your house or wherever you first met? Try sleeping there and if you wake up feeling your lover's comfort bonus, you should be reunited.

JClarke1953

Mine was assigned to me, and died in a fight with merc's. haven't gotten a letter or anything either. Thing is, when Lydia got killed, I got a letter and inheritance, so, seems BethSoft might ought to come up with something for us widow's and widower's. I mean, have two kid's, so they need someone "home", not another companion that goes with my char on quest's.

ShoCh

I sacrificed my spouse to Boethiah. I felt a bit guilty - but he was really starting to annoy me.

Krazy_Khajiit

Why use steel when you got claws?!?
Jeez. Just lost mine to a dragon attack near my house in the Pale....we killed the dragon but Meeko finished off my spouse.

Guess that was a marriage that just went to the dogs.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
My spouse Vilkas just doesn't die. I can Fus Ro Da him down the Throat of The World or feed him to a dragon - he.....will......not.....die.....

Luckily enough I like the guy. So I am glad with my IMMORTAL HUBBY!:)
That is how I call him: Immortal Hubby.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts