How Do I Put Mods On The Xbox?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
If you say so. I'm getting my information from the hacker source. So, it could just be rumors or it could not be. I don't know if I'd really expect Microsoft to actually give that kind of information to a customer support agent anyway. I'm not being condescending, i'm just saying it doesn't really fit in the security scenario. Mainly because of the whole issue with customer support being kind of treated like crap in the first place. I haven't talked to one customer/technical support from anywhere who actually knew what they were talking about. It's not to say that you don't, i'm just saying that I personally haven't.

Also, consoles are cheap and most replacement ones are refurbished that you can get easily from (if you're lucky) a pawn shop, repair shop, or off of craigslist/ebay. I lost my first console due to the graphics card overheating and cracking the motherboard, but I easily replaced it for $100 from a repair shop.

redrkt

Premium Member
No one gets bricked anymore.

Really?? You know this for a fact?? That's funny considering I field an average of about 10 calls per day pertaining to the fact that someones console got bricked because they tried to fix it themselves and then tried to go play online with it. and YES MSFT does brick consoles. Don't believe me? why don't you call xbox customer support and ask them for yourself.

redrkt

Premium Member
If you say so. I'm getting my information from the hacker source. So, it could just be rumors or it could not be. I don't know if I'd really expect Microsoft to actually give that kind of information to a customer support agent anyway. I'm not being condescending, i'm just saying it doesn't really fit in the security scenario. Mainly because of the whole issue with customer support being kind of treated like crap in the first place. I haven't talked to one customer/technical support from anywhere who actually knew what they were talking about. It's not to say that you don't, i'm just saying that I personally haven't.

Also, consoles are cheap and most replacement ones are refurbished that you can get easily from (if you're lucky) a pawn shop, repair shop, or off of craigslist/ebay. I lost my first console due to the graphics card overheating and cracking the motherboard, but I easily replaced it for $100 from a repair shop.

Just an FYI, Microsoft has NO 3rd party repair shops, so anything you purchase from them I would be very careful about if you need or try to get a repair done on it by MS. Because MS will charge you for a repair and send the console back to you untouched due to both external and internal tampering.

Jbcarey

There are possibilities, search YouTube.

You "can" activate the console on an Xbox (or could theoretically, again search google) and as said earlier, thanks to a certain program you can transfer your PC save files back on the Xbox (with cheats/console commands) active....

HyBrIdWeAp0n

well what about harmless mods that dont affect the game such as the autotuned bear mod

Jbcarey

and then what use the chat pad to type your codes? what about going online and risking the ban hammer

Well, I can say it's "possible", I won't go deeper into the details of an potentially illegal practice. Lets just keep it at, I can go online with my xbox, if I'd choose to do so and I've never bricked my box in 4 years.

xDonna

Modding is rather complicated so as an industry that wants to standardize gaming, consoles usually don't allow modding. However, I did hear that Microsoft and Bethesda made some sort of deal/idea to allow gamers to implement popular mods. There is some hope. But I would recommend using computer version if you really want to mod the game.

I don't think Bethesda would allow it that easily unfortunately.
I remember when Fallout 3 came out everyone discovered the Scrap Metal mod which Bethesda were quick to fix.
Almost instantly there was an update for it. :/

And there's a previous forum on how to mod your Skyrim game from your PC on this website. But unfortunately, that breaks the terms and conditions.

Mods are generally kept to the PC.

I heard about getting easy coins from collecting arrows from a town's training grounds and then selling them but that's pretty much it.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I don't think Bethesda would allow it that easily unfortunately.
I remember when Fallout 3 came out everyone discovered the Scrap Metal mod which Bethesda were quick to fix.
Almost instantly there was an update for it. :/

And there's a previous forum on how to mod your Skyrim game from your PC on this website. But unfortunately, that breaks the terms and conditions.

Mods are generally kept to the PC.

I heard about getting easy coins from collecting arrows from a town's training grounds and then selling them but that's pretty much it.

I remember not so long back when Bethesda released Pirates of the Caribbean, it has been modded to hell and back by a team of people from all over the world. We helped build multiple Mods for that game that is still played on PC today. The demand for game discs for Pirates of the Caribbean in PC rose & who benefited from that ?... BETHESDA
Bethesda did NOT say we couldn't do it & they certainly didn't stop us.

So seriously, why would Bethesda stop a team getting together & modding Skyrim ?

Some people will only buy a game if there is mods available to add to to enhance game play or add more & exciting quests, NPC's, etc

Bethesda isn't the problem getting Mods on the Xbox, it's Microsoft.
Also the coding is different between PC Games & Xbox games. It's easy to implement or remap certain keys to do certain commands on a PC, but on a Xbox it's a different thing because consoles are limited in that area.

If tested & released Mods were to come available I'll definitely be getting Skyrim for the PC. Now, who will benefit from that ? Bethesda will.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
no offence buddy but they are wanting those same mods for their xbox's and Ps3's

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
So do I, but seriously that is a pipe dream.

I've got a lot of experience in modding & a lot of people know that modding is for PC not for Xbox or PS3. I knew a few that have tried it, but after clashing with Microsoft in a major way they had no choice but to stick with PC modded games.

Like I said before, if a tested and proven mod comes out, I'll gladly go buy Skyrim for the PC. No Mod will be totally bug free, that's something we learnt with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Well said, microsoft and sony do not ever intend to let that kind of software and hardware control go to the unlicenced masses.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
How can I download mods onto the Xbox Console, do I need to use a Memory stick and put it on through there?
The only way you'll be able to mod the Xbox 360 game is copying the game, ripping the iso files for all the data, modding you xbox 360 and turning the new file back into an iso file so your xbox can read it but if you do that you might crash your xbox if you do something like putting the HD mod for xbox 360.. What im saying its alot of work and you shouldnt bother trying it because it'll be hard work and alot of time. Just saying not trying to be mean or anything, its just a crazy process

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Well, I can say it's "possible", I won't go deeper into the details of an potentially illegal practice.

Nah, people can do whatever they like with their owned hardware. Don't let Microsoft and Sony censor you.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
if a tested and proven mod comes out, I'll gladly go buy Skyrim for the PC

You've been missing out, 'cause many good mods out there are 100% stable. You should totally get Skyrim for the PC if you got the right computer. (NVIDIA gfx recommended)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I saw a Mod pack for the 360 being done by someone on Youtube. It's all in game stuff, however, which to me is more of a hack then a Mod.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts