How Do I Put Mods On The Xbox?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WDB14

How can I download mods onto the Xbox Console, do I need to use a Memory stick and put it on through there?

IzaHova

Can you even use the mods on a 360? I was under the impression the mods were for PC only dude. If it is even possible you would need a modded 360 with Linux most likely to load a mod loading ap which wold in turn launch Skyrim with the mods...but I'm not even sure that exists my man.

selbor61

Mods are only for PC, and I think if you mod an xbox or PS3 you break your rights to use it's services.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Ahem, that's not true anymore. Since their method of catching piracy has been failing thanks to c4eva they've changed their methods of consequences. Now they block whatever pirated game you're trying to play from being played again instead of banning you. This was smart IMHO because for every console they ban, they lose out on $60 of xbox live paying members.

IzaHova

Ahem, that's not true anymore. Since their method of catching piracy has been failing thanks to c4eva they've changed their methods of consequences. Now they block whatever pirated game you're trying to play from being played again instead of banning you. This was smart IMHO because for every console they ban, they lose out on $60 of xbox live paying members.

That does seem like a much smarter course of action on MS's part. They never have been big on passing up $$$

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
What about PS3?

Stone

Retired Moderator

Varden

i dont think he wanted to mod his console, but use mods on the game - seems to be confusion and people talking about getting consoles banned etc....

It isn't possible 'At the moment' to use skyrim mods on your game on a console, but the game developers have said they would love to be able to build a function to allow mods on the game on consoles - they are looking into it at the moment

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Modding is rather complicated so as an industry that wants to standardize gaming, consoles usually don't allow modding. However, I did hear that Microsoft and Bethesda made some sort of deal/idea to allow gamers to implement popular mods. There is some hope. But I would recommend using computer version if you really want to mod the game.

IzaHova

Which corporation ever has?

Damn good point.

Varden: We realized he was asking about using mods on the game not modding his 360 but the only way it would even be possible is with a modded box, which is why we were discussing modding 360's FYI. I understood what he was asking from the start which is why I answered that I didn't believe it was even possible but if it was...blah blah mod your plops blah.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well no, you don't need a modded xbox to alter your game save. I'm 100% sure you wouldn't be able to play mods on the xbox though. Even if you did transfer your save to the PC, it's not as if you could save an entire mod onto the save file.

IzaHova

OK...short answer is

NO YOU CANNOT USE MODS ON THE 360 OR THE PS3.

Nuff said.
Mods for replacing textures have absolutely nothing to do with your save game file dude...wtf?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
That's the only thing you can do currently involving migration from xbox to PC. You can actually take the save from the xbox and play it on the PC. You could probably do some console changes with the save and play it on the xbox, but nothing major.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Is it also impossible to use console commands on xbox 360 and PS3? I've tried it with a chatpad and with a keyboard, neither worked, but I may just be doing it wrong.

It is technicaly possible?

i looked into it awhile ago and there was talk of a product coming out that allows you to mod games as you would on pc.....sadly i deleted the email i had stating what product it was.

from my understanding you still cant play pirated games so it should not void anything to do with xbox live.

*just to update*

you will not be able to create your owns mods but you will be able to access mods downloaded from the net

redrkt

Premium Member

Actually you are incorrect, because as of the summer update, there are safeguards in place that will actually brick the xbox if you are caught modding it in any way, AND you do still get the banhammer if you are caught. www.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366.aspx if you would like to find out what will get your console banned. Also they have the option to ban your LIVE acct as well.

Do you really think they worry about $60 when people have to replace the console at $300 - $400 a pop?
FYI I happen to work for them doing Customer Support for the Xbox so I do know whereof I speak.

J'Sabbah

No one gets bricked anymore.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts