How do i get merrchants to respawn?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

brett

Ok i was doin companion quest and i turned into werewolf for the first time and killed belthazor and didnt realize it. Then a dragon attacked the town aand killes both npc that worked at warmaidens bla ksmitj in whiterun. can i get my wife to take over one place? I did loot the bodies i may try and give the key away or something i have the house in whiterun so would really luv for them to respawn

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
On the PC version, you can resurrect NPC's if you can see their bodies by using the tilde key to open up console cheat codes and using the resurrect command while targeting the dead body. If the bodies are gone you can create new versions of the NPC's by also using cheat codes. Afaik these are the only ways to bring them back.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I'm fairly certain there is a built in scripting that when a shop owner dies they are replaced by another NPC shortly after that. Try a little experiment before you do anything. Manually save your game. Fast travel to Riften. Fast travel to Markarth. Fast travel back to Whiterun. If they are going to be replaced it would likely be in about that amount of time.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm fairly certain there is a built in scripting that when a shop owner dies they are replaced by another NPC shortly after that.
I've seen this claimed quite a few times without citing any actual authority. If that was the intention it certainly doesn't seem to have played out that way.

While I can confirm at least one merchant does get replaced with an NPC (it was an NPC that also worked in the store), that merchant's death was specifically plot driven by character choice in how to end a quest. My experience is that at least solo merchants that die randomly from things like dragon attacks do not get replaced and that experience seems to be reflected by the posts of other players in other forums and at other websites.

(I've also seen similar claims made about dead NPC's with whom you must converse to move a quest along being replaced with another NPC and I can tell you from personal experience that that claim is also untrue.)

Perchta

I've seen this claimed quite a few times without citing any actual authority. If that was the intention it certainly doesn't seem to have played out that way.

While I can confirm at least one merchant does get replaced with an NPC (it was an NPC that also worked in the store), that merchant's death was specifically plot driven by character choice in how to end a quest. My experience is that at least solo merchants that die randomly from things like dragon attacks do not get replaced and that experience seems to be reflected by the posts of other players in other forums and at other websites.

(I've also seen similar claims made about dead NPC's with whom you must converse to move a quest along being replaced with another NPC and I can tell you from personal experience that that claim is also untrue.)

yeah, i had two shop owners die from dragon bites. they were never replaced, and their bodies would not go away. one of them i needed to finish my initiation into the companions. i restarted after leveling to 34 because of that and the markarth glitches.

brett

Yeah its been awhile and still bot replaced and im not restarting so now whiterun has no merchants haha wonder if my wife can take over 0one? Ive founs other merchants but i have to teavel away from my house and storage just annoying but yeah dont think anyone will respawn

ambiiientz

Camilla in Riverwood does replace Lucan as the merchant if he is killed (xbox). This just happened recently, Dragon. Not sure about anybody else. I usually load save if Dragons or Vamps take out a merchant.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts