How do i fill a soul gem?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

INEEDHELP

hey guys sounds noob as i know, but i dont know how to fill a soul gem and i need to fill a black one to cure my vamprisim. someone help please!

Thomas Liu

tyl089
you can either buy a filled black soul gem from the mage in Morthal, or use "soul trap" spell to fill an empty black soul gem.
if you don't have that spell equipped, you can buy it at some shops or from court mages.
I remember reading somewhere that grand soul gems can be used to capture human souls, but it's not working for me. Only black soul gems can be used for capturing human souls for me anyway.

Ironclad

Buy the spell book from the Whiterun mage.

Never heard of a soul gem to cure vampirism, but then i've never come across vampirism yet - killed a few of them though.

Demented_Demon

Full time badass
You could enchant a wepon with the 'soul trap' enchantment. this fills your soul gem if you kill the enemy within the amount of time your allows. if it is a week inchantment an you have to kill the target within only one or two seconds you could duel wield wepons and only use the wepon with the soul trap enchantment for the killing blow. I hope this helps.

I use the Bound Sword. I forget if it requires a perk to trap souls.

A black soul gem is much easier to fill yourself than a grand (or even a greater) soul gem, as those two require the soul of a major creature, but a black soul gem will take the soul of any humanoid, and they're everywhere...

EDIT: One more thought about soul gems, although it doesn't really apply to your black soul gem issue... If you fill a soul into a larger soul gem (say, a lesser soul into a grand soul gem) all you have to do is drop it and that will empty the soul in it. Putting it directly into storage (a chest or whatever) does not seem to lose the souls bound within, so that's safe. But haphazardly collecting souls does not permanently junk up your soul gems.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
You start a fight or use soul trap (Use soul trap in mid battle) while hidden then kill the person you used soul trap on and you'll have a filled soul gem

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts