• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

A.Auditore

maybe...
you ask her after you finish the dawnguard quest line

but idk if its just for dawnguard side or vampire side, i know for sure shell go cure herself on dawnguard side, you just have to ask her to do it

AS88

Staff member
you ask her after you finish the dawnguard quest line

but idk if its just for dawnguard side or vampire side, i know for sure shell go cure herself on dawnguard side, you just have to ask her to do it

I don't recommend getting her cured, but if you are on the vampire's side, you have to first cure yourself.

CaptMorgan72

Don't bother, unless you're on pc and using mods, she doesn't really become human anyway. The only change is the pupils of her eyes become green but the rest still glows yellow. Everything else is the same, dialogue and powers.

jjf13

Don't bother, unless you're on pc and using mods, she doesn't really become human anyway. The only change is the pupils of her eyes become green but the rest still glows yellow. Everything else is the same, dialogue and powers.

Wrong, she won't have vampiric drain if she isn't a vampire.

CaptMorgan72

Really? She constantly uses it after I cured her. I had four different characters that cured her and she used vampiric drain every time. The guy who did that video is mistaken. Serana still wears the hood. She only puts it on outdoors. She still complains about how bright it is outside and that the sun is no good for her skin. Basically all her vampire dialog is still used. Her eyes still glow yellow too. Bethesda didn't bother working on her human appearance and dialog. Wait, are you just trolling me? Just realized you're a newbie.

Bulldog

Sorry that was the name that popped up when I put in my email address. For some reason it is different. I don't know why, maybe I made an account and forgot I had it and never posted on that name.

Anyway, i can only go by that video as I have never tried to cure her, however, one would think if she is no longer a vampire she wouldn't have the vampire powers. Again this is Skyrim so there is no telling what will happen.

Bulldog

I'm telling you logically it is fallible that she would have vampire powers without being a vampire. After seeing that video and seeing a couple things online I figured that was correct. After doing more research I found out that she does use her vampire powers. For that I apologize.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Why would you want to?

If I'm gonna have a mouthy, necromancing babe on my tale, I think I'd prefer her as a vampire. It would certainly make more sense than a 1,000s of year old vampire who made a deal with a Daedric Lord and of one of the oldest and most powerful families in all of Tamriel curing herself because some yutz with a really loud voice tells her to.

CaptMorgan72

Why would you want to?

If I'm gonna have a mouthy, necromancing babe on my tale, I think I'd prefer her as a vampire. It would certainly make more sense than a 1,000s of year old vampire who made a deal with a Daedric Lord and of one of the oldest and most powerful families in all of Tamriel curing herself because some yutz with a really loud voice tells her to.

For roleplay reasons. I had several characters cure her so that she can be fully accepted into the Dawnguard and grow old with the Dovahkiin.

Daelon DuLac

Why would you want to?

For roleplay reasons. I had several characters cure her so that she can be fully accepted into the Dawnguard and grow old with the Dovahkiin.
Uhm... but you can't marry her so what is she then, your friend w/benefits? Besides, why would anybody want to be an accepted member of such an elitist, xenophobic and boring group? Even their fort is boring. While I usually side with them, it's only to get the dwarven crossbow. As far as I'm concerned, they can all get eaten by skeevers. Even the blades are more interesting and they live in one of the most inaccessible and remote places imaginable and, unless you victimize some of your friends and followers there aren't very many of them.
I'll keep Serana the way she is. My RP could never, ever justify demanding that someone that is that much older than I that has been through much and helped me a whole lot should give everything up to join that group. Besides, a blood sucking monster is a whole lot better than a soul sucking organization.

TheNatural

Why would you want to?

Uhm... but you can't marry her so what is she then, your friend w/benefits? Besides, why would anybody want to be an accepted member of such an elitist, xenophobic and boring group? Even their fort is boring. While I usually side with them, it's only to get the dwarven crossbow. As far as I'm concerned, they can all get eaten by skeevers. Even the blades are more interesting and they live in one of the most inaccessible and remote places imaginable and, unless you victimize some of your friends and followers there aren't very many of them.
I'll keep Serana the way she is. My RP could never, ever justify demanding that someone that is that much older than I that has been through much and helped me a whole lot should give everything up to join that group. Besides, a blood sucking monster is a whole lot better than a soul sucking organization.

There are several mods that allow you to marry her. I've read a few RPs that have an Aragorn/Arwen sort of relationship thing going, where the immortal being falls in love and chooses to live a mortal life with the person she loves.

In my opinion, it's pretty clear that there is something between the Dovahkiin and Serana, the dialogue between the two is very intimate from the start, and some of the options make it painfully obvious that they care for one another (the, "Are you okay?" "Is everything alright?" etc). I think they left out the option to marry her because it was a DLC, and it would have screwed people over who put hours and hours into the vanilla game, and got married, and then come to find out that Beth was releasing the perfect wife/love story.

On my current playthrough, my character has yet to marry, I believe it will stay that way, because Serana would be the one my Dovah would marry.

CaptMorgan72

Why do you have to marry somebody to be their life partner? I've been with my lady for 15 years and have no plans to marry. Neither of us see any reason for marriage. Unless you're religious, which neither of us are, I guess it makes sense. As far as Serana not wanting to marry, I believe its because of her fear of temples and what she went through to become a vampire lord. It still haunts her and she believes herself to be unworthy of the blessings of an Aedra. Despite that, she still loves the Dovahkiin but can't bring herself to actually say those words, but its obvious. Also the Dawnguard are a respected and noble organization. They along with the Vigilants of Stendarr are the shield that protects the people from daedra, werewolves, vampires, witches, etc. I'm curious Daelon, how old are you?

Daelon DuLac

Why do you have to marry somebody to be their life partner? I've been with my lady for 15 years and have no plans to marry. Neither of us see any reason for marriage. Unless you're religious, which neither of us are, I guess it makes sense. As far as Serana not wanting to marry, I believe its because of her fear of temples and what she went through to become a vampire lord. It still haunts her and she believes herself to be unworthy of the blessings of an Aedra. Despite that, she still loves the Dovahkiin but can't bring herself to actually say those words, but its obvious. Also the Dawnguard are a respected and noble organization. They along with the Vigilants of Stendarr are the shield that protects the people from daedra, werewolves, vampires, witches, etc. I'm curious Daelon, how old are you?
You don't, of course, but I've yet to meet a woman that, at some point isn't going to point out that the only reason you haven't married her is so that you can walk away whenever you want and not have to pay her anything.

I'm not a big fan of marriage either, but this is Skyrim. Marriage is just what you do when you partner up. Of course they do let single people adopt, and vampires, and werewolves and it doesn't even matter what species you are to adopt a human child... Sheesh - maybe you're right. Don't marry her, just pray that she doesn't lose interest.

BTW 3,422 YO. IOW - older than you probably, but not yet ready for social security. :)

CaptMorgan72

You don't, of course, but I've yet to meet a woman that, at some point isn't going to point out that the only reason you haven't married her is so that you can walk away whenever you want and not have to pay her anything.

I'm not a big fan of marriage either, but this is Skyrim. Marriage is just what you do when you partner up. Of course they do let single people adopt, and vampires, and werewolves and it doesn't even matter what species you are to adopt a human child... Sheesh - maybe you're right. Don't marry her, just pray that she doesn't lose interest.

BTW 3,422 YO. IOW - older than you probably, but not yet ready for social security. :)

I'm 41. Are you older than that? Women who say that you don't want to get married because you "might" walk away and not have to pay her anything are definitely women you should run far away from.

Daelon DuLac

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may have to yell at you kids to git off my lawn! Oh, and I SOOOOO agree.

I'm 41. Are you older than that? Women who say that you don't want to get married because you "might" walk away and not have to pay her anything are definitely women you should run far away from.

TheNatural

My initial response was just in regards to skyrim, I think they left out the option to marry Serana because it would be kind of unfair to those who chose to marry someone else without knowing there would be other options down the road, especially with a pivotal character.

For the rest of your post (which seems out of place and oddly defensive, me thinks you've had this argument at a bar before ;)) I'll bite.

I'm an atheist, but at some point I would like to get married. I've been fortunate enough to attend weddings that were nothing more than a celebration of love that served to bring together friends and family. No matter what religious institution began the practice, marriage can be whatever you make of it. I know many people like you, who will never get married for the standard reasons, "Why do I need to go through a religious ceremony to commit to another person?"; "It's just an archaic practice based off of the corrupt catholic church, man!"; etc..

In my eyes, regardless of the way one decides to go about it, there is always room for a celebration of love.

Language, social norms, societal views and practices, they all change over time. I am not looking to get married any time soon, but if I do it will be something I choose to do because of who I am marrying, not because of religion, or anything of the like. It will be a day celebrating my love for a woman I have committed myself to (and one HELL of a party).

CaptMorgan72

My initial response was just in regards to skyrim, I think they left out the option to marry Serana because it would be kind of unfair to those who chose to marry someone else without knowing there would be other options down the road, especially with a pivotal character.

For the rest of your post (which seems out of place and oddly defensive, me thinks you've had this argument at a bar before ;)) I'll bite.

I'm an atheist, but at some point I would like to get married. I've been fortunate enough to attend weddings that were nothing more than a celebration of love that served to bring together friends and family. No matter what religious institution began the practice, marriage can be whatever you make of it. I know many people like you, who will never get married for the standard reasons, "Why do I need to go through a religious ceremony to commit to another person?"; "It's just an archaic practice based off of the corrupt catholic church, man!"; etc..

In my eyes, regardless of the way one decides to go about it, there is always room for a celebration of love.

Language, social norms, societal views and practices, they all change over time. I am not looking to get married any time soon, but if I do it will be something I choose to do because of who I am marrying, not because of religion, or anything of the like. It will be a day celebrating my love for a woman I have committed myself to (and one HELL of a party).

Since you bit, yeah I've had this discussion plenty of times with people always asking when are you going to marry? When I ask them why they did, they just say because its just what you do. I usually ask them when is the next time they are getting their fleece shaved off.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts