how do i buy a house in whiterun?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

modi

Have you become the Thone of WhiteRun yet? if so, talk to Proventus Avenicci, and tell him you wanna buy a house. It costs 5000 for an empty cobweb covered house, however for another 1000-2000, you can have it decked out. It will be located right next to Warmaiden's, which is awesome for me because I am working on becoming a Master Blacksmith (currently 93)

pezza

okay wicked :) yeah i have, got about 9k gold so should it is probaly worth it, what do you get out of it tho? i already have 100 smithing, just make iron daggers, easy.

modi

I realized that making leather bracers was better, I should be to 100 in no time. And the biggest perks I have found to having a house is (other than just how cool it is to know that you own a house that nobody can enter), is by far the fact that you can permanently store your plops in there (I store all of my dragonbones/scales, and quest weapons in there), and also you can get better boosts from sleeping in your own bed.

MoeIsBetter

There are many houses to buy and IN MY OPINION Whiterun is the worst of the bunch. No mannequins, no display cases, no enchantment table, etc. For almost the same price you can purchase a home in Riften that has all the things I mentioned here.

modi

I agree that Whiterun's house is extremely simplistic, however for as much as I actually use my house, I don't need the extra perks. the enchantment table would be nice though. The biggest reason that I picked Whiterun though is that there is a Smelter right next door, which are hard to find in Skyrim, there are 2 blacksmiths in whiterun, The companions are based in Whiterun (my main guild) and Whiterun is just a nice town all together, much nicer than Riften.

pezza

ive already brought one in whiterun now, but cant find it >< ive looked next to warmaidens but cant find it.

modi

The house that I was given was literally RIGHT next to Warmaiden's. It's given name is "Breezehome"

pezza

found it and fully decorated it, looks wicked now. :) the only good thing about it is storing stuff there tho tbh.

Kablewee

You have to talk to the Jarl, then do few quest which there after he gives the title thone or thane of Whiterun and option to purchase the house from Proventus Avenicci. Granted ,the house in Whiterun is lowest of all but it's good starting place to store all youre goodies you find.

Latest posts