how do certains gears effect movement speed ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bellatrix

do different types of gears affect movement speed ? this is my first time playing...i would prefer to wear robes and play as high elf if movement speeds increased thx

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Well the different types of gear will affect your movement speed just as you would think it will, meaning light armor = fast movement speed, studded-armor = a bit slower, heavy-armor = even slower,etc.

If you are going to be wearing robes you will be very agile but keep in mind that your armor rating will be very low. In the beginning you will be an easy kill...but as you level and level perks up you will become very strong. I started playing with leather armor and I have now moved to Elven armor which is one of the lightest armor sets and still gives a good armor rating (for a thief / assassin type character).

Bellatrix

thanks perfect answer :) is there any articles on enchanting ? my first time playing...and im gunna wanna enchant gears so they benefit magic user...but no idea how

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
I have no idea if there is a article about enchanting...I started learning enchanting on my own about an hour ago...I'm getting there! :p not a pro yet though

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Here is a starter guide on enchanting.
Here is a list of what can be enchanted with what.

If you have a specific question about Enchanting feel free to ask if that does not cover what your looking for.

Starr

I am loving the Light armors - and you can have awesome armor rating with them as well.
So far I have not encountered anything ingame that requires me to have the heaviest armor.
I have made fully Dual enchanted Daedric, Dragon Plate, Dragon Scale, Glass, Elven and right now
at level 61 stay in my Dragon Scale light armor the most - very easy to sneak in as well and I have 1300 armor rating in it with my current skills/perks.
When I go mage I have found the MASTER robes of "whatever" style are the best "regen" values - better than I can enchant on that particular piece - but that is the only piece that is true so far. My magicka
Regen/cast cost reduction bonuses are so high on my Mage set that I never run out of Magicka - ever.
Spam cast all day long - so you will not need the robes at higher levels but they are very nice early on.
Daedric heavy armor looks nightmarishly bad***. The Nightengale Light armor set from a Quest is arguably the coolest looking light armor.
I personally prefer lights for -
1. more carry allowance
2. sneak is soooo much better and useful.
3. very decent armor rating for taking a beating - just dont Melee with dragons and Giants.
I also the type of person that carries gear with me for specific needs and have made elven/glass items to fit niche needs because they are sooo light. 1-2 pounds each and of course a ring and necklace for every need - so about 140 pounds of gear on my always. leaves plenty of room for loot. Plus you can have "carry weight" bonus gear to up it another 100 pounds when looting on the way out if needed.

Felipe Freire

Zerafiel
thanks perfect answer :) is there any articles on enchanting ? my first time playing...and im gunna wanna enchant gears so they benefit magic user...but no idea how
You can learn all you need to know about enchating and general crafting in the game ^^

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts