• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I just had an idea...why are so many of the Housecarls female, not that I have a problem with that though.;)

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Without getting slated by the female population there good at that sort of stuff you know cooking, cleaning, doing the washing up etc............

sticky runes

I know, I mean of the 5 housecarls we get (in the normal game) only 2 of them are men, WTF??? I'm all for equality and all that, and I love how this game has female soldiers and bandits who are just as capable as the men, but I think it would be better if we could choose from a variety of characters to serve as our housecarls.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Personally, I wouldn't even want a damn Housecarl. Most are just creepers that like to hang out in your bedroom for whatever reason. The Housecarls assigned to me usually don't live that long.

Jersey Dagmar

Especially Iona. She follows me all around Honeyside whenever I'm there, constantly asking, "What is it you need, my Thane?"

Boethiah loves Iona.

I do that quest, or I just take them out on an adventure and slaughter them when they are least expecting it. I am an Assassin after all. I don't need some creeper watching my Dovahkiin trying to bang her husband/wife.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I just had an idea...why are so many of the Housecarls female, not that I have a problem with that though.;)
How are "so many" of the housecarls female? Out of the original five, three are female and two are male. There's one more female than male. If you include those added with Hearthfire, the numbers even out to four female and four male.

Or do you mean the housecarls of the Jarls? But you couldn't, since, when the game begins, there are six male housecarls to only two female housecarls. Furthermore, with all the different Jarls that might come into power during the war, there are twelve possible male housecarls to only three possible female housecarls.

So, maybe the question you should be asking is, why are so many of the housecarls male?

Jersey Dagmar

I want an 11th Doctor housecarl. Or just a Matt Smith one. Or a Norman Reedus one. I would then be forever happy.

Adam Warlock

I want an 11th Doctor housecarl. Or just a Matt Smith one. Or a Norman Reedus one. I would then be forever happy.
My housecarl Doctor would be Tom Baker(4th) .

Have a jelly baby, Dragonborn ?

I would also trade for his scarf so I could wear it when traversing the more frigid areas of Skyrim.

btw the dual wielding Rayya is my favorite housecarl of thoose currenting available followed closely by spell casting Valdimar.
the original 5 are all the same Nord 1h warriors except for gender.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I know, I mean of the 5 housecarls we get (in the normal game) only 2 of them are men, WTF??? I'm all for equality and all that, and I love how this game has female soldiers and bandits who are just as capable as the men, but I think it would be better if we could choose from a variety of characters to serve as our housecarls.
I fail to see the issue. It would be one thing if there were 50 housecarls and 30 were female and 20 were male but there are only 5 housecarls to begin with. Having two males and two females and the odd one as a female too is not a big deal. Having the odd housecarl be a male doesn't make for anymore variety than having a female for the same role. On a side note there are far more male housecarls in Skyrim than there are female ones. 6 of 8 for the Jarls before the civil war male and 12 of 15 possible housecarls for the Jarls are male.

sticky runes

Well, its not really the number of housecarls that's the issue, its the time and effort spent on gameplay, doing the quests to become thane and building up the funds to buy a house in the first place. So the first time I bought Vindrel hall, I was a bit like "Finally, a male housecarl!"

Hardly a big deal, but anyway, I prefer the guys because Argis and Calder have a bit more uniqueness to their appearances. The females are all similar, kinda plain. They couldn't at least splash a bit of warpaint on one of them or something?

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
The fact that most of the time the first housecarl is Lydia, doesn't upset me in the least. I enjoy seeing a woman handle her steel well

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts