• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OOOBobboOOO

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before but im new here and viewing on my phone takes forever to load pages.

Is there any difference between having my housecarl decorate my place and doing it myself? I've had him do a few rooms and ive done a few rooms myself, does this have the same end result? Also does anyone know what can be given as gifts to the adopted children besides wooden sword, doll, tunics and dresses? Does any specific interaction with them have any lasting effects? For instance if I tell them to do chores and go to bed early will they turn out evil?

Many thanks

Bobbo

Adam Warlock

If you have the materials handy , it`s cheaper to build your own furnishings.

Sometimes a steward may take the money but not supply furnishings.

Steward`s furnishings may be more than you want. A fully appointed house can seem a bit cluttered . Save game before install so you can see how it looks and go back if you don`t like it. Once installed , furnishings are permanent.

Gifts to kids -- they will accept daggers, wooden swords , kids clothes , and certain food items like sweet rolls/honey nut treat/long taffy.
they will wear and practice with the weapons on installed dummies.
Sometimes when you give them clothes they will run around in their skivvies. Have an extra set to give them if this happens and they will put clothes back on.

telling them to do chores/play has no effect on behavior. they occasionally complain but if you are firm with them , they will do as you ask.

Allowance/money- 10 gold is enough to satisfy them and you get Gift of Charity boost

I now carry sweet rolls for gifts since they have weapons already and they always seem happy with that

If you don`t want to hear disappointment if you don`t have time to play with them when they ask you , just exit the conversation rather than respond to their request

Adam Warlock

Warning !
Of the 3 Hearthfire homes , Lakeview Manor seems to get more random attacks than the other 2.

Expect raids by bandits, wolves , and giants at all homes and the occasional dragon at Lakeview.
Early on you may have to clear skeevers from your cellar when someone tells you they heard something down there

Warning !
Of the 3 Hearthfire homes , Lakeview Manor seems to get more random attacks than the other 2.

Expect raids by bandits, wolves , and giants at all homes and the occasional dragon at Lakeview.
Early on you may have to clear skeevers from your cellar when someone tells you they heard something down there

Curious. Winstrad (Winstad?) gets attacked most on my save. In fact, I've had one of each type of run in (giant, bandits, rats..) at Lakeview and then haven't had anymore since. However, almost every time I visit Winstrad, its being attacked. I even get dragon attacks there, but not at Lakeview. For me, Winstrad is by far the most attacked.

Adam Warlock

Curious. Winstrad (Winstad?) gets attacked most on my save. In fact, I've had one of each type of run in (giant, bandits, rats..) at Lakeview and then haven't had anymore since. However, almost every time I visit Winstrad, its being attacked. I even get dragon attacks there, but not at Lakeview. For me, Winstrad is by far the most attacked.
Curious to know if Winstad was the 1st house you purchased since I got Lakeview to start.
It may not be the house but the order in which you buy them ?

I think I got Lakeview first also...so I don't know lol :p Maybe its random? Funny thing, after I posted this, I did get another giant attack at Lakeview lol

eratiikwa1r0a

my main problem is vampire attacks on lakeview everytime i get home from an adventure i see my kids running to greet me then BAAAM!!! my daughter gets ZAPPED from outta no where!! god its annoying but i dont want to buy or build another house..

Adam Warlock

my main problem is vampire attacks on lakeview everytime i get home from an adventure i see my kids running to greet me then BAAAM!!! my daughter gets ZAPPED from outta no where!! god its annoying but i dont want to buy or build another house..
I had the same problem until Harkon was finally defeated.
Sure wish killing Alduin had the same effect on the dragons.

eratiikwa1r0a

I had the same problem until Harkon was finally defeated.
Sure wish killing Alduin had the same effect on the dragons.
too bad it doesnt because those random dragon encouters get pretty annoying specially when your doing something that does not require a damn fire breathing pain to come and troll you..

I think they should have added in an option after Alduin's defeat that lets you determine if you encounter dragons. It would just be "Dragons : On/Off" so that you didn't have to if you didn't want to. Sure would make basic travel easier lol

eratiikwa1r0a

thats a good idea because i like aimlessly roaming skyrim in search of anything and everything. but ive started me a new RP player for the first time im so excited and i dare not do the main quest im having a dragon free skyrim this time :) (my character has no belief in dragons coming back so hes quietly enjoying his time looking for a suitable cave to live in :D )

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts