housecarl moving in

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

no0bi1

Hello, I have renovated my house in Hjerim with new furniture and moved some around using the console/Jaxonz Positioner. I am worried that once I become thane of Windhelm, the housecarl I am rewarded with will move in and reset the cell of my home. Am I wrong with my concern or will this happen?

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
lmao no, they will not rearrange your house to their liking, although if they did, I'd find that pretty hilarious - I can just imagine Argis the Bulwark turning my white walled house into some Redneck partyhouse with the fridge full of beer and crates everywhere!

When you become thane, regardless of whether your house is furnished or not, it shouldn't change the state of the house - the housecarl just moves in until your character marries someone who can then move in to replace the housecarl, if you wish.

Dandros

Vanilla houses don't reset so technically speaking they're safe to store your sh%$, DLC and MOD houses MAY reset specially the mannequins, you won't lose items (though there is a chance this may happen), but they will be unequipped and weapons racks & shelves may not display the contents properly, if you're on PC you can look for script fixes for the mannequins as for the reset in the houses honestly I dunno

flamingor

Yeah I'm not good at modding at all and I came back to find all of my stuff in the chests were gone. The dragon scale armor that I made gone in an instant just because I was being a noob at modding skyrim.

wiseman05

Luckily housecarls are very patient people. They'll sit in the corner of the house in front of the fire for an eternity till you need them. Almost like they have no hobbies or anything themselves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts