1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

House Steward Question

Discussion in 'Hearthfire' started by Bluebaron, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bluebaron

Bluebaron Member

Bandits attacked and killed the house steward of my home in falkreath the one called lakeview manor . My question is can I hire someone else to replace the one who died to take over duties at the home like purchasing goods for the home and replacing my horse which also was killed and the livestock as well . I play skyrim on the xbox 360 , please somebody tell me I dont have to go back to a previous save I have done so much since the house steward died . I would hate having to replay things again just to get her back .
  2. aussiegirlz

aussiegirlz Member

Unless I missed some trick - I'd recommend going back to your previous save - I have been unable to replace stewards, cows, chickens or anything that gets killed during these attacks.
  3. Midna316

Midna316 New Member

I also play on the 360 and I was once able to replace a steward. Mine was Njada Stonearm. I didn't even know she had died until I got an inheritance letter from the courier. I immediately brought Anneke Crag-jumper to the house as a follower and had the option to make her the new steward. I have also always been able to have the steward replace the livestock killed in attacks.

Lakeview Manor is a dangerous place. I frequently get simultaneous dragon and bandit attacks there. I have started giving my housecarl and steward of Lakeview the best possible weapons, hoping I don't lose another one of them. They won't change armor, but they will change weapons.