Honeyside Alchemy Lab Shelf Restock?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elfboy87

One of the buyable rooms for Honeyside in Riften is an Alchemy Lab. On the shelves are various Alchemy Ingredients. If I take them off the shelf will the shelves then restock by themselves?

Like shopkeepers are restocked every few days. If I clean off the shelves in my Alchemy Lab room in Honeyside, will the ingredients on the shelves dbe replenished by themselves?

Elfboy87

....Really? After all the gold I spent on the house? I figured my housecarl would restock them. And as Thane, Riften would be nice enough to provide the ingredients.

Elfboy87

That Alchemy room is worthless then. There is an Alchemy table in each Alchemy shop. So I wasted money on something which I can find anywhere at any alchemy shop. I figured the advantage of the room was shelves that got re-stocked. But no. There is no advantage to buying an alchemy room for any house.

Will someone please tell me what the point of an Alchemy room is? For a house. When you have labs all over the place? Since nothing in the shelves restock themselves.

Hadean

the point of the room is for mixing ingredients, potions n plops, its not a free ingredient room

Elfboy87

I can mix ingredients at any Alchemy shop in Skryim. There are plenty of labs that players have access to for free. I make a run to different shops for ingredients. Then at the last shop on my "run" i mix the ingredients into potions.

We have Alchemy labs available to us without having to buy one. When someone buys Ingredients from a store then there is an alchemy table there for them to use. There's no need to have one in a house when you have one RIGHT THERE at the store you just bought ingredients from....

Arrow-Free Knee

i don't tend to carry all of my ingredients around with me everywhere so i store them in the chest in the alchemy room in whiterun where i base my operations. if i based operations in riften then i would store all of my ingredients in Honeyside right near the alchemy table. in the long run, the room doesn't really cost all that much.

sticky runes

Will someone please tell me what the point of an Alchemy room is? For a house. When you have labs all over the place? Since nothing in the shelves restock themselves.

its not a total waste. Your house is essentially a headquarters where you'll be heading back everytime you complete a quest or prepare to start a new one. You'll be wanting to return to your house from time to time to store items you've collected in chests or cupboards, and having an alchemy table just downstairs is a bit more convenient than having to leave the house and drop into the lower part of town to use the alchemy shop. Less screen loading times to put up with. And if you choose to buy the enchanting lab (which is also expensive, but you do get free soul gems and weapons to play with) its very useful to have both facilities so close to eachother.

And you always get experience points for mixing potions anyway. Be sure to keep hold of some of the rarer ingredients that you might need later, though.

Elfboy87

That's what I can do, then. I can store up a bunch of ingredients in the chest and make potions in large batches. Also, when I run out of inventory space, i don't need to go to 3-4 different shops to sell it all.

Fast traveling and waiting for shop gold to restock was getting irksome. My inventory fills up, go to shops, shopkeep runs out of gold, travel some more to sell more items. Now I have a legit storage space. THIS will make dungeon-delving a lot less painful. In terms of selling items (by fast traveling all over the place). So I can get right back to adventuring.

Because it WAS getting annoying having to sell things. Especially when I had a load of items left and the shopkeeper ran out of gold....I would have to fast travel to different shops.

PS: My character has 2/5 Haggling and Allure. Meaning for men it's a 15% bonus, but for women it's a 25% bonus for buying and selling prices. So yeah, I burn thru the gold a shopkeeper has rather quickly.

Elfboy87

Oh, and I stored my alchemy ingredients in my chest in Honeyside. I had about 33 Weight of Alchemy ingredients. I was at 98/360. After putting all of the ingredients into the chest, now i'm at 50/360.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
My only complaint about Honeyside is that there is no storage on the lower floor. No chests or satchels or anything. There are two mannequins and some weapon holders, but no real storage for ingredients. I have to use one of the barrels at the top of the stairs. Otherwise I really like the simplicity of the place.

sticky runes

Yes, it is annoying how "poor" those shopkeepers are when it comes to selling your own junk.

Also, in some houses, I make sure to have a designated medicine cabinet to store potions and ingredients!

Elfboy87

My only complaint about Honeyside is that there is no storage on the lower floor. No chests or satchels or anything. There are two mannequins and some weapon holders, but no real storage for ingredients. I have to use one of the barrels at the top of the stairs. Otherwise I really like the simplicity of the place.

I just use the chest in the main bedroom (the one on the first floor, not the one in the Housecarl's bedroom.)

Elfboy87

Yes, it is annoying how "poor" those shopkeepers are when it comes to selling your own junk.

Also, in some houses, I make sure to have a designated medicine cabinet to store potions and ingredients!

In terms of the game world they probably aren't expecting adventurer's to keep going to them with loads of loot. Which could be why they don't have a lot of gold on them.

Satchiko

One of the buyable rooms for Honeyside in Riften is an Alchemy Lab. On the shelves are various Alchemy Ingredients. If I take them off the shelf will the shelves then restock by themselves?

Like shopkeepers are restocked every few days. If I clean off the shelves in my Alchemy Lab room in Honeyside, will the ingredients on the shelves dbe replenished by themselves?
It is simple decor.
Years after the last posting, I wanted to know this too.
No, items do not respawn in any bought homes. (Use the gold cheat when buying decorations over and over again)
It is simple decor. I took it all now I am setting Black-brier reserve on the selves.

The convenience is to have a place with a chest of your ingredients right there. I'm a new Skyrim player, only been playing since December, and at first I just carried my ingredients around with me and would mix them whenever I had need. But when I kept hitting my weight limit, I decided maybe I should keep my ingredients in a designated place rather than carrying them all around with me. Sure enough, when I dumped all my ingredients in the chest in my alchemy room in Whiterun, it took over 100 weight off.

Now, since I store all my ingredients in one place, I can't just mix ingredients in shops anymore; I return to my alchemy room in Whiterun, where I have a huge stash of ingredients ready to be mixed. Shops generally don't carry the amounts I need all at once, and I don't want to be carrying all that weight around and hitting my limit all the time. So, that's the use of the alchemy room.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts