• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Alright, so I have recently started up a new build, this time a huntress. She gets all of her income from animal pelts, either by selling them straight up or tanning them out and smithing armor to sell.

I want to avoid cities, except for when I need to trade in pelts, as the wilderness is her home. Therefore, I have to find a place to live outside of city limits, and it needs to be a place where I can stash gear safely. I am not a walking suitcase, I need to travel light in order to sneak up on prey undetected.

I don't want to use a Hearthfire home, that seems way too elaborate for a simple huntress. Are there any good simple cabins where I could safely stash my gear and use as a home? I am having a hard time finding one that isn't owned by a hunter or someone else (mainly hunters)

Gearuvagen

I know, You know

Delusional

Morgan

There are lots. Riverside shack is cross the river from the road a little north of Mixwater Mill. A leveled dangerous animal (bear, sabrecat, etc) occupies it, so you have to demonstrate your skill as a hunter to take possession. The alchemist shack near Ivarstead is also convenient. I think there's an abandoned hunter's campsite at the western tip of the big lake by Riverwood. Also near there is the shack formerly owned by Valdr and his dead companions. It's near the cave where you find him (although you may have to be careful of the pelts if you are trying to avoid stealing). There are tons more, just keep an eye out. Oh, there's the treasure-hunter shack on the lakeshore east of Ivarstead . . . Gotta stop now, you'll find the rest.

Delusional

There are lots. Riverside shack is cross the river from the road a little north of Mixwater Mill. A leveled dangerous animal (bear, sabrecat, etc) occupies it, so you have to demonstrate your skill as a hunter to take possession. The alchemist shack near Ivarstead is also convenient. I think there's an abandoned hunter's campsite at the western tip of the big lake by Riverwood. Also near there is the shack formerly owned by Valdr and his dead companions. It's near the cave where you find him (although you may have to be careful of the pelts if you are trying to avoid stealing). There are tons more, just keep an eye out. Oh, there's the treasure-hunter shack on the lakeshore east of Ivarstead . . . Gotta stop now, you'll find the rest.

Thank you too! Yeah, I want to find one that requires no stealing or anything. My huntress does not steal, and I gotta stay in character, lol. Eh, I'll scout out several of those and we will see what I settle with.

Is Meeko's Shack safe to store gear in?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
It is not safe, though UESP says it takes 75 days to respawn, which is pretty long

Also if you're unsure if storage is safe put something in it and wait 10 days, that's the average respawn time (I think). If your stuff's still there it's probably safe.

Delusional

How long is the respawn for the Alchemist's shack? And is there anyway to force the NPCs out of Froki's shack?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I think it's 10 days and not that I know of, I imagine there's some console command that could remove them from the game but I don't know what it would be.

Delusional

I think it's 10 days and not that I know of, I imagine there's some console command that could remove them from the game but I don't know what it would be.

Damn. And damn, I play on Xbox. Well, I'm running out of options. I want a shack, and I don't want everything in the shack to be red when I joystick over it, since my huntress is not a thief. But I can't find a place that meets those requirements that doesn't respawn. Damn.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
You could always by the land in Falkreath, build a Small house and just never upgrade it. Nothing really elaborate about it.

Delusional

You could always by the land in Falkreath, build a Small house and just never upgrade it. (If you have Hearthfire)

Hm, that is an option... I wanted to find an existing location, but since that is clearly not possible, I just might do that. Thank you for the help.

If you're doing the main quest, The Sleeping Giant has safe storage, alchemy, and enchanting stations, and some goodies lying around when you get there. The Rift has the Achemist's Shack, most of the sothern holds have them scattered about. I also use Sky Haven Temple as a Potion of Heavy Lifting dump sight, because you can Fast Travel right in front of the chest before the potion wears off.

If you have the Creation Kit, you can just make one:
251DD808F06D5724459B3F9403A01EA26A9AB5AA

Delusional

If you're doing the main quest, The Sleeping Giant has safe storage, alchemy, and enchanting stations, and some goodies lying around when you get there. The Rift has the Achemist's Shack, most of the sothern holds have them scattered about. I also use Sky Haven Temple as a Potion of Heavy Lifting dump sight, because you can Fast Travel right in front of the chest before the potion wears off.

If you have the Creation Kit, you can just make one:
251DD808F06D5724459B3F9403A01EA26A9AB5AA

Unfortunately, Xbox 360 is not outfitted with the Creation Kit. If only...

The Alchemist's shack is fantastic, except that it respawns every 10 days, so my stuff is vulnerable to removal. That shack would be my number one option if it didn't respawn - it is nice and neat, small and cozy, has an alchemy lab (my huntress forages, gets a lot of ingredients, throws some potions together) and it is in The Rift, which has plenty of wildlife to hunt.

Alas, it respawns...

Morgan

Unfortunately, Xbox 360 is not outfitted with the Creation Kit. If only...

The Alchemist's shack is fantastic, except that it respawns every 10 days, so my stuff is vulnerable to removal. That shack would be my number one option if it didn't respawn - it is nice and neat, small and cozy, has an alchemy lab (my huntress forages, gets a lot of ingredients, throws some potions together) and it is in The Rift, which has plenty of wildlife to hunt.

Alas, it respawns...

The endtable doesn't respawn. Stash away.

Delusional

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Just went and tested, It is Safe after ten days, guess USEP was wrong. My Ranger has a new place to live thanks Morgan.

Morgan

Just went and tested, It is Safe after ten days, guess USEP was wrong. My Ranger has a new place to live thanks Morgan.

Nah, UESP is right. The AREA respawns in 10. However, the base objects called "dresser" "endtable" and "wardrobe" are all non-respawning, no matter what. Essentially, the only way they'd ever respawn is if you had a mod whose author duped the base object, set respawning, then replaced all the originals (thousands of instances). I've used this in the other direction to dupe respawning base containers like barrels and set them to never respawn so I can have permanent barrel storage here and there, which normally isn't safe unless it's in a player home.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Good to know, I wish they would have at least mentioned something in the "Notes" section about the end table.

It looks like the Wardrobe at the Riverside Shack is safe too?

Delusional

That's interesting. Much thanks Morgan, my huntress now won't have to build her own house, she can live comfortably in the autumn woods in The Rift.

Not to mention the bears, haha. I will have ALL of their pelts!