Highest smithing and enchanting potions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

many consider it an exploit but you may exceed that with a circlet/falmer helmet combination each with forify alchemy

foosa420

What is the circlet/flamer helmet combination? Can you wear both a circlet and falmer helmet @ the same time? Playing on xbox360 btw.

Tiger_Wolff

I use the Penitus Oculatus helmet/circlet at the same time for alchemy :) wander if you can wear both and the falmer helmet hahaha

XbSuper

I use the Penitus Oculatus helmet/circlet at the same time for alchemy :) wander if you can wear both and the falmer helmet hahaha

Not sure, but I'm definitely gonna try! I didn't know the penitus helm could be worn with a circlet, I've just been using the falmer helm. I doubt it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Adam Warlock

What is the circlet/flamer helmet combination? Can you wear both a circlet and falmer helmet @ the same time? Playing on xbox360 btw.
yes it works on my vanilla xbox game , i don`t know if any patches affect it.

Adam Warlock

I don`t wear the falmer combo because it`s terribly ugly and I don`t need it now at level 75 . However I did use several different sets because it allowed for extra enchant slots. Combo is more helpful for mages than warriors though .I had one for alchemy, one for extra magicka/magicka regen for general mage use , one to reduce magicka costs for expensive conjurations , and one to boost archery . Try your own mix to see what helps you most

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I've got to 130% smithing potion and 32% enchanting. The most I seem to be able to get so far
Those are the highest value potions you can get without using exploits.

XbSuper

Those are the highest value potions you can get without using exploits.

Correction, those are the highest you can make... I have purchased on numerous occasions a 50% enchanting potion, but as I said, you can only buy this, not make it, and it is fairly rare.

Dagmar

Correction, those are the highest you can make... I have purchased on numerous occasions a 50% enchanting potion, but as I said, you can only buy this, not make it, and it is fairly rare.
You're either confusing the Enchanter's Elixir with the Blacksmith's Elixir or you were under the influence of a mind altering substance when you thought you purchased a 50% Fortify Enchanting potion from an Apothecary. It doesn't exist in the game.

The Enchanter's Elixir gives a 25% bonus for 60 seconds. The Blacksmith's Elixir gives a 50% bonus for 30 seconds. Elixirs are the highest strength fortification potions that can be bought or looted in the game.

XbSuper

You're either confusing the Enchanter's Elixir with the Blacksmith's Elixir or you were under the influence of a mind altering substance when you thought you purchased a 50% Fortify Enchanting potion from an Apothecary. It doesn't exist in the game.

The Enchanter's Elixir gives a 25% bonus for 60 seconds. The Blacksmith's Elixir gives a 50% bonus for 30 seconds. Elixirs are the highest strength fortification potions that can be bought or looted in the game.

Then I must have a nice glitch in my game, because like I said, I've purchased them numerous times, on different playthroughs. I believe they were called elixirs, but since I'm not at home right now I can't confirm that. Also, the one I buy, only has a 30 second active effect.

Dagmar

All Fortify Enchanting Potions that are found in game last 60 seconds, not 30 seconds. Only self-made Fortify Enchanting Potions have a duration of 30 seconds.

7052531611_4b37bc70f7_b.jpg

foosa420

so using the flamer/circlet combo i'm able to make 147% smithing and 37% enchanting potion. The most I seem to be able to make is a 29% increase on equip for smithing and enchanting can't get it any higher than that. So I think that may be the cap.

Dagmar

29% is the cap.

If you're okay with using double slotting exploits like the Falmer Helmet and Circlet there's another exploit you can use to wear multiple sets of apparel that involves getting arrested and jailed. It's simpler to use the Fortify Restoration potion exploit though.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
ALCHEMY
For all you brawn-over-brains devotees who think Alchemy is a waste of time, guess what? One of the most important things you're going to want to do is get your Alchemy skill to 100. Put down the great axe and start gathering ingredients. To do this easily, the very first thing you'll want to do is activate the Thief Stone, located at the Guardian Stones point on your map, just south west of Riverwood. This stone will give you a bonus 20% experience whenever your Alchemy Skill goes up.
Once the stone is activated, you'll want to buy, gather and find all the giant's toes and wheat you can find to create potions of Fortify Health. This concoction is the Alchemy equivalent to iron daggers, and is the recipe most easily spammable. Once your Alchemy is at 100, be sure to plop five perks into the initial Alchemist perk and grab the Benefactor perk too. You'll need these later.
SMITHING
It isn't a coincidence that I called the Fortify Health potions the iron daggers of the Alchemist. Iron daggers are the most easily spammable item at a blacksmith forge, for a couple of reasons, and the main piece of equipment you'll want to keep spamming to get Smithing to 100. The best way to do this is travel to Whiterun because there are three possible blacksmith vendors to buy ingredients from.
Iron ingots, iron ore, leather and leather strips are the items you'll want to start hoarding. You can buy these from Adrianne Advenicci and Ulfberth War-Bear at Warmaiden's and Eorlund Gray-Mane at the Skyforge. Once you've got the ingredients, create as many iron daggers as you can and sell your results. You'll get all your money back from purchasing the ingredients when you sell the daggers back.
If you wait 48 hours, game time, the vendors' stock will replenish and you can rinse and repeat. Be sure to grab the Smithing perks that correspond to the armor you plan on wearing. I went for Deadric, but light armor wearers will want to grab Glass or Dragon. Above all, you'll want to grab the Arcan Blacksmith perk, so you can improve magical items, not that you'll need to after this though.
ENCHANTING
The last of the skills you want to get to 100 is the Enchanting skill. Before anything, make sure you have the Mage Stone activated, located at the Guardian Stones location on your map, the same place you activated the Thief Stone. This will grant you a bonus 20% experience whenever you level up in Enchanting. Next up, you'll want as many petty soul gems as you can get. You can either buy these, wait 48 hours and buy more, or you can equip a companion with a Soul Trap weapon and load him or her up with all your empty soul gems. Before long you'll have a hoard of soul gems.
Once you're high enough in Smithing, instead of immediately selling those daggers back to purchase new ingredients, you'll want to head over to Dragonsreach. Using your plethora of soul gems, and the experience bonus from the Mage Stone, enchant your iron daggers with whichever enchantment you find yields you the most money. I use Paralyze, that way I can get all my money back and then some. Take that economy.
Be sure to move up the Enchanting skill tree to grab Insightful Enchanter and Extra Effect. You'll also want to drop five perks into Enchanter.
4. Once your skills and perks are all set up, create yourself a set of crafting gear. You'll need four pieces of gear, but a piece of chest armor can't be enchanted with Fortify Alchemy. Because of this, you'll want to double enchant a helmet, some bracers, a ring and a amulet with Fortify Alchemy and Fortify Smithing. Doing this will grant each piece with a 25% bonus to created potions, armor and weapons.
Wear this set of armor whenever you create anything.

5. While wearing your new set of crafting gear, head over to an Alchemy Lab and create a potion of Fortify Restoration. This can be made using Abecean Longfins, Cryodilic Spadetails, small antlers, salt piles and small pearls. You only need to use a combination of any two of these ingredients, so if you run out of one just start using another. The Fortify Restoration potion will grant you a 120% bonus to Restoration spells for 60 seconds. Luckily, the enchantments on your gear qualify as Restoration magic, and when this potion is consumed, the 25% bonus on your crafting gear jumps to 55%.
From here, you'll want to keep using the new bonus to make a new Fortify Restoration potion. Because of the new bonus, each potion you make will be stronger and grant you an even more powerful bonus. Be sure to unequip your crafting gear and re-equip it after every potion you drink, otherwise the new bonus will not go into effect.
Using this method you can easily make a Fortify Restoration potion that grants you a 10,000% bonus to Restoration magic.

Fortify Smithing Potion
Once you hit your desired level of unrivaled, stupid-strong bonuses, make a potion of Fortify Smithing. You need to use any two of blisterwort, glowing mushroom, sabre cat tooth and Spriggan sap to create a potion of Fortify Smithing. Because of the Fortify Restoration potions ridiculous effect to your potion strength, the Fortify Smithing potion will produce an equal effect. Allowing for gear to be made 10,000% better than usual.

7/8
Craft Armor
Head over to your favorite forge, down the Fortify Smithing potion and make your desired set of armor. Remember you only have 30 seconds of the effect, so either make a couple of these if you're a slow blacksmith, or have all your ingredients at hand and know exactly what you're doing before you drink the potion. In all honesty, the effects of this potion will be so stupid that it doesn't even matter what you want to improve. If you like the look of the Wolf or Blades armor, then just improve that. If you want the ultimate set of Daedric or Dragon armor, then create that instead. The armor world is your oyster.
Craft Weapons
The same goes for your new weapons. If you really like the look of the Dawnbreaker or the Dragon's Bane, then just improve these weapons to ridiculous levels. Otherwise, whip up a million damage sword or bow and go to town. Remember, the effect only lasts 30 seconds, so be sure to jump from the forge or workbench to the grindstone quickly and with what items you want in mind. Otherwise, have a bunch of your crazy Fortify Smithing potions at the ready.

Fortify Enchanting Potion

Head back over to the Alchemy Lab, repeat the process to get your 10,000% or higher Fortify Restoration potion and then pump out a Fortify Enchanting potion. You'll need any two of blue butterfly wing, Hagraven claw, snowberries and Spriggan sap to make the potion. Just like the Fortify Smithing potion, the restoration effects will transfer into this new enchanting potion and allow you to enchant your new weapons and armor with ridiculously strong effects. Create a couple of these if you think the 30 second time limit is too short for you to work witH
ENCHANTING
Down your new Fortify Enchanting potion, hop on an Arcane Enchanter and equip your armor and weapons with the most ridiculous effects this side of Markarth. Just as with your new equipment, your enchantments will be so powerful that you don't really need to worry about which is best. Whatever you desire will be so strong already that nothing else matters.
If you like fire damage, throw it on there. If you want a frost and shock combination on your weapon, then do it. If you want all of your armor to increase your sneaking abilities, then who am I to say that it isn't worth it? You already have an armor rating of 7 billion and your sword already does 12 billion damage, do you really need to worry about whether fire or frost does more damage?

Destroy Everything
You are now a towering powerhouse of fear, power and destruction. Anything that stands in your way is a fool and you leave only blood and tears in your wake. You can hit Alduin himself so hard that he gets sent through space and time. Elder Scrolls? I don't need no stinkin' Elder Scrolls. I look down smugly at the Elder Scrolls.
At this point you might as well create a brooding tower and put your own flaming eye atop it, because Sauron will be asking you if you need anything. Darth Vader will call you his master and Magneto will be asking you for help.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
hope you find my previous post helpful, i have not tested it on 1.5 as i refuse to install 1.5 so you may need to remove it if you have it.

you also don't have to go to that far of an extent in the crafting of the potions but that is your prerogative

redrkt

Premium Member
Destroy Everything
You are now a towering powerhouse of fear, power and destruction. Anything that stands in your way is a fool and you leave only blood and tears in your wake. You can hit Alduin himself so hard that he gets sent through space and time. Elder Scrolls? I don't need no stinkin' Elder Scrolls. I look down smugly at the Elder Scrolls.
At this point you might as well create a brooding tower and put your own flaming eye atop it, because Sauron will be asking you if you need anything. Darth Vader will call you his master and Magneto will be asking you for help.

^^^^^^ What SGT_Sky said^^^^^^

Dagmar

...You'll need four pieces of gear, but a piece of chest armor can't be enchanted with Fortify Alchemy. Because of this, you'll want to double enchant a helmet, some bracers, a ring and a amulet with Fortify Alchemy and Fortify Smithing....

You can't place a Fortify Smithing enchantment on a head piece. A complete set of crafting gear is 5 pieces. You only need single enchants on the chest and head piece for Fortify Smithing and Fortify Alchemy respectively. In optimizing a legitimate crafting build this is an intermediary set to the set for the aggregate 116% Fortify Smithing and Alchemy set of gear.

EXPLOITING
5. While wearing your new set of crafting gear, head over to an Alchemy Lab and create a potion of Fortify Restoration. This can be made using Abecean Longfins, Cryodilic Spadetails, small antlers, salt piles and small pearls. You only need to use a combination of any two of these ingredients, so if you run out of one just start using another. The Fortify Restoration potion will grant you a 120% bonus to Restoration spells for 60 seconds. Luckily, the enchantments on your gear qualify as Restoration magic, and when this potion is consumed, the 25% bonus on your crafting gear jumps to 55%.
From here, you'll want to keep using the new bonus to make a new Fortify Restoration potion. Because of the new bonus, each potion you make will be stronger and grant you an even more powerful bonus. Be sure to unequip your crafting gear and re-equip it after every potion you drink, otherwise the new bonus will not go into effect.
Using this method you can easily make a Fortify Restoration potion that grants you a 10,000% bonus to Restoration magic.

You passed over instructions on how to get to the 116% crafting set and the 130% Fortify Enchanting potion. You use the 100% gear to make a Fortify Enchanting potion to make a better set of gear and then use that better set of gear to make a better Fortify Enchanting potion to make a better set of gear and so on until you reach the 116% cap.

Further, it should be pointed out that if you use this exploit you don't need to level Smithing, Enchanting or Alchemy skills to 100 or get the perks. As long as you can make a set of crafting gear of any strength you can use the exploit to increase the enchantment strength on your gear with no limits. You can get a head start if your skills are low and you don't have the perks by camping Apothecary Stores for the Elixir of the Healer which will give you an initial 50% bonus to your crafting enchantments.

This is actually probably the most valuable thing one can take from using the exploit because you can avoid spending time leveling those skills and save perk points. There's really no compelling reason to use this exploit if you level the skills to 100 and take the perks because with 116% Fortify Smithing gear, 130% Fortify Smithing potions and 32% Fortify Enchanting potions you can create gear that will make combat relatively easy even on Master difficulty setting. The only other reason to use the exploit other than to save time and perk points would be if you're not satisfied with the caps on enchantment strengths, e.g. if you wanted to make a ring with 100% Resist Magic.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
I have a "Circlet of the Olympian" which has a fortify archery bonus of 14095%
That means I one hit everything with iron arrows and a longbow on master difficulty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts