1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Glitch High Gold Vendor

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Moray, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Moray

Moray Member

Morays Guide To
    Getting a Vendor with 11,500/12,500 Gold
    Introduction
    Hello and welcome to my guide to get a super high gold vendor, who's gold stays at 11,500 which resets back to this every 48 hours (in-game time, not real time)
    also I will note, he is quite a bit more tight, when it comes to buying, for instance, selling some daedric gauntlets to him, he will buy for 846, as were selling to the blacksmith in whiterun will buy for 1132, but it just means you can sell mass amounts of items, without having to run around everywhere, this is also why i recommend maxing Haggling.
    Requirements
    70 Speech - this is to buy the Investment perk
    Here is a link to Stones Guide on Speech, its amazingly fast:
    Guide how to get 100 speech fast efficient
    Recommended
    Haggling - 0,20,40,60, 80 Speech - this just means you will get more profit for your items (extra 20% per level)
    Merchant - 50 Speech - lets you sell any item to any merchant (you still cant sell stolen items them though)
    Fence - 90 Speech - Lets you sell Stolen items
    Master Trader - 100 Speech - this will max out his gold at 12,500 per 48 hours
    All of these perks are in the same line, so it would take 6(or 10 depending on if you max Haggle or not) to get Master Trader.
    The Guide
    Fast Travel to Riverwood
    Then enter the store "Riverwood Trader" talk to Lucan Valerius and say you want to invest in his store
    as soon as you do this, he will perminantly have 11,500-12,500 gold, which resets every 48 hours
    I hope this guide helps you out and you be rich beyond your wildest dreams :L
    Glitch Status:
    UNPATCHED!
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    PurpleShew: 4 Points (good guide) Dec 30, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Reladin

Reladin Member

Is this an actual glitch in the stats of the perks / certain trader, or is it just the clever combination of said perks that pushes his limits that high?
  3. Moray

Moray Member

his Original gold is around 700, even with maxed perks he would only have 2200(1,000 master trader|500 investment), not 12,500.

so it HAS to be a glitch, no other trader i have invested in has raised there gold more than 500.
  4. Reladin

Reladin Member

Ahh! Gotcha, I haven't gotten speech very high (above 50) nor invested in any of those perks so I didn't know the "max" the vendors would have. Nice find!
  5. Moray

Moray Member

Thanks and Your welcome, its amazing if your trying to go for the 100,000 Gold achievement/trophy, which is what im working on now.
  6. Reladin

Reladin Member

Very true, does that acheivement take into consideration lifetime gold earned, or you need a lump sum of 100k in your inventory to get it? The latter I suppose...
  7. Moray

Moray Member

you have to have 100k in your inventory, my lifetime gold earnings is 168,149, and my Most gold Carried is 52,356(what i have on me right now)
  8. Reladin

Reladin Member

That's what I figured!
  9. Stone

Stone Retired Moderator

Duuuude, your signature and guides are both replicas of mine :sadface: :sadface:

EDIT: But thanks for the link to my speech guide.
  10. Moray

Moray Member

there not Quite the same, i got the idea off you none the less though :)
  11. Ks17

Ks17 Member

I'm gunna have to try this out when I have enough perks, looks really helpful, thanks!

- consider this a free bump as this good piece of work has fallen behind the front page :eek:
  12. Icy Seeker

Icy Seeker Member

Bump.
  13. Dragon Bourne

Dragon Bourne Long Live Paarthurnax!

He died in a Dragon attack but I married his sister. Will this work for her too?
  14. Moray

Moray Member

im unsure, give it a go, and post back feedback if it does or not
  15. Skullrattla

Skullrattla Button Pusher

I didn’t even know about investing in shops! Thanks , Stone and Moray.

PSI have signatures turned off in my settings here.... Improves the forum quite a bit for me ....
  16. SGT_Sky

SGT_Sky Silence, My Brother

very good explanation of the Riverwood trader glitch, I have been informing people of this for quite some time. Glad someone decided to perpetuate it with a guide.