• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moray

Morays Guide To
Getting a Vendor with 11,500/12,500 Gold
Introduction
Hello and welcome to my guide to get a super high gold vendor, who's gold stays at 11,500 which resets back to this every 48 hours (in-game time, not real time)
also I will note, he is quite a bit more tight, when it comes to buying, for instance, selling some daedric gauntlets to him, he will buy for 846, as were selling to the blacksmith in whiterun will buy for 1132, but it just means you can sell mass amounts of items, without having to run around everywhere, this is also why i recommend maxing Haggling.
Requirements
70 Speech - this is to buy the Investment perk
Here is a link to Stones Guide on Speech, its amazingly fast:
Guide how to get 100 speech fast efficient
Recommended
Haggling - 0,20,40,60, 80 Speech - this just means you will get more profit for your items (extra 20% per level)
Merchant - 50 Speech - lets you sell any item to any merchant (you still cant sell stolen items them though)
Fence - 90 Speech - Lets you sell Stolen items
Master Trader - 100 Speech - this will max out his gold at 12,500 per 48 hours
All of these perks are in the same line, so it would take 6(or 10 depending on if you max Haggle or not) to get Master Trader.
The Guide
Fast Travel to Riverwood
Then enter the store "Riverwood Trader" talk to Lucan Valerius and say you want to invest in his store
as soon as you do this, he will perminantly have 11,500-12,500 gold, which resets every 48 hours
I hope this guide helps you out and you be rich beyond your wildest dreams :L
Glitch Status:
UNPATCHED!

Reladin

Is this an actual glitch in the stats of the perks / certain trader, or is it just the clever combination of said perks that pushes his limits that high?

Moray

his Original gold is around 700, even with maxed perks he would only have 2200(1,000 master trader|500 investment), not 12,500.

so it HAS to be a glitch, no other trader i have invested in has raised there gold more than 500.

Reladin

Ahh! Gotcha, I haven't gotten speech very high (above 50) nor invested in any of those perks so I didn't know the "max" the vendors would have. Nice find!

Reladin

Very true, does that acheivement take into consideration lifetime gold earned, or you need a lump sum of 100k in your inventory to get it? The latter I suppose...

Stone

Retired Moderator
Duuuude, your signature and guides are both replicas of mine :sadface: :sadface:

EDIT: But thanks for the link to my speech guide.

Ks17

I'm gunna have to try this out when I have enough perks, looks really helpful, thanks!

- consider this a free bump as this good piece of work has fallen behind the front page :eek:

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I didn’t even know about investing in shops! Thanks , Stone and Moray.

PSI have signatures turned off in my settings here.... Improves the forum quite a bit for me ....

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
very good explanation of the Riverwood trader glitch, I have been informing people of this for quite some time. Glad someone decided to perpetuate it with a guide.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts