1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Here's a Strong Hint The Elder Scrolls Online Might Go Free-To-Play

Discussion in 'RPG News and Discussion' started by Shawn Hopkins, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins Active Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. cave812

cave812 dissenter

thats terrible news, every free-to-play mmo ive played are pay-to-win in 1 way or another since if you cant pay, you dont get access to as much of the game

3. ecozombie

ecozombie Loki

Unfortunately cave812 has a certain point. There are very few free to play MMORPGs that make it even remotely possible to win without buying something. Here's to hoping if TESO does become free, it doesn't become pay to win. A subscription cost reduction would be a lot nicer methinks, without the risks. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    cave812: 1 Point (U know whats up) Jan 8, 2015
  4. Lucid

Lucid Well-Known Member

If it goes free-to-play it would feel like a hail mary. I don't want to think that the game is in such dire straits that they would make that move, but the signs are there. Their reasons for discontinuing the 6-month subscription are unconvincing, and there are a lot of legitimate problems with game play. But I hold high hopes that the 1.6 update will bring great things and prove the subscription model is still viable.

I do think they should offer a truly free trial. Right now thay give a free 30 days...after you buy the game and register your subscription with a payment method. That's a lot of money and personal information to fork over just to see if you're interested. Changing that process might get them more new customers.

• Like Like x 1