Help With SpellSword Build...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shahmat2012

Been playing an Assassin type toon till 30 ish, wanting to make a Spell/Mele toon...

Thinking like Destruction with 1h build, sould I go Sword / Board or do you all go sword in one hand magic in the other?

My guess is you would open up with Fireblast or something and then if they are not krispy enough smack em around with your sword?

What should the Health/Magika/Stam mix be? 1/1/1?

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Yeah, you've got it right. I've made a new char, lvl 13 spellsword, and I use a war axe in one, destruction and other schools of magic in the other.

I've put all of my level ups onto magicka at the moment, so I'm about 300/100/100. Use a high elf so in those sticky situations I can use highborn to regen quickly and rape-some-face.

Good luck with your build.

Shahmat2012

Yeah, you've got it right. I've made a new char, lvl 13 spellsword, and I use a war axe in one, destruction and other schools of magic in the other.

I've put all of my level ups onto magicka at the moment, so I'm about 300/100/100. Use a high elf so in those sticky situations I can use highborn to regen quickly and rape-some-face.

Heavy Armor or Light? also anyone know if you can put Mage chants on say Heavy Army? Like Magika regen? Maybe disenchant the mage queset armor and put them chants on a heavy/light set?

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Light armour - you need it to dodge other magica attacks. You can enchant armour yes, but the robes would be a better chouce. There regen is amazing as it is!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Get your enchanting skill high and take a bunch of perks for enchanting. Then, go do the Azura Star Quest, (every time I do this I take the black star, so I have no advice if you take the Azura Star) then enchant your sword with soul trap (that way you kill your enemy and absorb their soul). This is my plan for my Breton spellsword (which I will make once the new patch comes out). Get one handed, and destruction up to par. I would go ahead and practice enchanting on your armor (light like Volsung said so you can dodge enemy spells more quickly) and you can actually get magicka regen near novice level robes for a bit. Remember, the greater the soul and the more perks you have in enchanting, the greater the added effect on the equipment.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Been playing an Assassin type toon till 30 ish, wanting to make a Spell/Mele toon...

Thinking like Destruction with 1h build, sould I go Sword / Board or do you all go sword in one hand magic in the other?

My guess is you would open up with Fireblast or something and then if they are not krispy enough smack em around with your sword?

I posted my Spellsword build here awhile back

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/what-are-you-playing-build-thread.1762/#post-14838

I will say it works amazingly well. Even if you're not looking to do the same thing, maybe it will help.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow

Metallipath

Premium Member

Don't you find War Axes extremely satisfying?

To answer the question, I personally used a bound sword and light armour on a spellsword/battlemage type character. With destruction and restoration usually in the other hand, until I needed to summon a new follower.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Don't you find War Axes extremely satisfying?

To answer the question, I personally used a bound sword and light armour on a spellsword/battlemage type character. With destruction and restoration usually in the other hand, until I needed to summon a new follower.
Ohhh yeeaaah. Blast them with fire, swing with the axe & its done!

I'm purely destruction, no conj or anything else :)

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to help section.

EvilGr1n

Ok, everything seems right so far, but don't waste the points on magika. Get your enchanting up to about 100. Get perks: enchanter (all four), and insightful enchanter. Then get an amulet, a ring, and two other pieces of enchantable armour. Then enchant them with Fortify (specified school) and cost spells as freebies, as well as have tons of health and stamina to boot with insanely powerful spellsword.

Happy hunting. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts