Help with Saarthal quest please, , , , ,

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

I currently have a few builds im doing so as to keep it fresh, however my hardest is my Pacifist, What i want to know is can i complete Saarthal without registering a kill, , i just cant work it out how to do it, and i dont want to go there if it cant be done, , , thanxs for any help guys,

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
It's impossible to complete Saarthal without registering a kill I believe. One of the three Gauldurson brothers is at the end of that dungeon and killing him is necessary in order to get the task to talk to the Arch-Mage.

Twiffle

It's impossible to complete Saarthal without registering a kill I believe. One of the three Gauldurson brothers is at the end of that dungeon and killing him is necessary in order to get the task to talk to the Arch-Mage.

Damn . . . although iv seena video if one and he has the arch mages robes,, and no kills, , but he hasnt shown the saarthal solution, , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I emphasis the "I believe" part because I've never attempted to complete it the Pacifist way. Theoretically it might be possible to cast a Calm spell on him once you have the Master of the Mind perk and be able to continue on as if you killed Jyrik Gauldurson.

Twiffle

Yes,, that maybe possible, ,only other thing i had thought is, , when he conjures an atronach i could try and fury it to turn on jyrik, , as my illusion will have to be at master of the mind level, , but it maybe possible,, i dunno, , head scratch time again, , but thnx for your input,,,,

Saozig

Hippy
You have Tolfdir for the bigger battles of the that quest, and he's no push-over, so you could in theory leave the killing of the boss up to him, although it probably would be a long battle with you trying to avoid getting killed (depending on the difficulty setting). But there is a middle section of the quest where Tolfdir sends you ahead to explore and you'll run into some draugr, who will chase you indefinitely once they've detected you, as draugr do. If your RP rules allow getting others to kill for you, you could in theory bring a merc (like Jenassa--don't recommend Marcurio as he may hit Tolfdir with a shock spell and piss him off) and have them dispatch the draugr for you.

I don't know if that's doable, just an idea. But there's no way to complete this quest without killing some draugr plus the boss. Most of the College's quests require to you to do combat.

Twiffle

You have Tolfdir for the bigger battles of the that quest, and he's no push-over, so you could in theory leave the killing of the boss up to him, although it probably would be a long battle with you trying to avoid getting killed (depending on the difficulty setting). But there is a middle section of the quest where Tolfdir sends you ahead to explore and you'll run into some draugr, who will chase you indefinitely once they've detected you, as draugr do. If your RP rules allow getting others to kill for you, you could in theory bring a merc (like Jenassa--don't recommend Marcurio as he may hit Tolfdir with a shock spell and piss him off) and have them dispatch the draugr for you.

I don't know if that's doable, just an idea. But there's no way to complete this quest without killing some draugr plus the boss. Most of the College's quests require to you to do combat.

thanx for that,, good points, , i use resto to turn undead etc and my sneak is real high to get round them, , unsure though about the follower wether there kills count as mine, , there is confusion over that one, , but maybe worth a go, ,

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Yes,, that maybe possible, ,only other thing i had thought is, , when he conjures an atronach i could try and fury it to turn on jyrik, , as my illusion will have to be at master of the mind level, , but it maybe possible,, i dunno, , head scratch time again, , but thnx for your input,,,,
What about Command Daedra? You can get that sooner than Master of the Mind and it works on Frost Atronachs.

I dunno about the pacifist thing. Everything I have read about pacifist builds relies heavily upon prior knowledge of what is coming. Are you role-playing a character with the amazing power of hind-sight?

I'd love to go back to high school knowing what I know now, but...

Twiffle

thanx theoduck, , im not doing any conjuration at all so unable, , and no i dont do roleplay, i just do entertaining myself,:p

domepatrol

Have a torch or two handy. Get him down to very low health in whichever way you prefer. Bash him with the torch and make sure his cause of death is burning.

I did it this way and didn't register a kill. It might not be within the spirit you're trying to complete the quest in, but from a statistical standpoint it works. From the role playing standpoint, a bash with a torch while you're backing away is a defensive move, so you might be able to live with that. :)

can i please ask as to what the use of a pacifist is in the game as im curious

domepatrol

It just makes the game a little more interesting. You have to really think and plan before rushing into a room or cavern. Calm and fear spells are your friend. Restoration and lots of stamina to run away are your friend as well.

i like the good old fashion kill or be killed

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts