Help with epic bugged battle?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Belial666

I am an experienced RPGer but this is my very first run through the game and my first game in the Elder Scrolls series (I was more into pbp DnD and M&M than PC games) and I think I've encountered an interesting bug.

I like mages and so I made a High Elf gal as my first character. I play through the execution and dragon scenes, follow the blond rebel guy through the stronghold and tunnels (awesome graphics - the guy was cute and looked it) and then we walk out to freedom. So far so good. My gal is still level 1 and I've had her try a sword+healing approach and seemed to work. Hit the cute rebel accidentally a few times during combat but nothing much happened so I had the idea to test her destruction spells now that we were safe. As soon as I do that though, the guy turned on me but I kind of expected that so I did not worry. He was really tough, and hit hard with that dual-wielding of his, but my gal had healing while he didn't so I hit him a couple of times, run around till her magicka regenerated, healed, then went back to hit a couple of times. I kept this up till he dropped.

And here's where the bug happened; after my gal moved more than ten yards from him, he immediately rose to his feet, fully healed!!! We went at it again but now when I tried to run away he took out a bow and started shooting. My gal was one hit from being killed when her heavy armor skill increases and she levels up. Expecting to be killed and have to reload, I leveled her just to check out the level-up options, taking extra magicka and the half-cost novice healing perk. When I did so her health and magicka instantly filled up so I fought the guy again.
With the healing twice as effective this time, the fight lasted longer but the rebel was still too strong and I ended up running around. I've learned the controls well by then and timed her dodging around trees so his arrows hit the trees and not her until she was fully healed then fought again, repeating till he dropped. This time I did not run away and kept hitting him in order to kill him. He didn't die and after about half a minute (but not instantly like before), he rose up fully healed again!!!
So we went at it again, him hitting, my gal hitting back when she could heal, running and dodging while she regained magicka. I "killed" him a few more times, my gal's heavy armor, restoration and one-handed skills rising in levels and she leveled up to lvl 5 when I could finally get the +50% healing perk. By then I'd become quite good at controlling the pace of the fight and not being in danger of dying as long as I paid attention.

After three and a half hours of combat, my gal has reached level 12. She killed the guy over 20 times but he kept rising from the dead or something. I gave her more magicka mostly, a bit more health, regeneration perk, a couple points in the Juggernaught perk and now she can beat the guy in combat without running away, recover in the half minute he stays down and be ready when he rises from the dead. But despite my trying everything, the guy can't be killed. I saved the game and went to sleep, excited that I'd learned enough to be able to handle an immortal enemy of obviously higher level but frustrated at not being able to kill him.

So 3.5 hours of combat with one guy, taking my gal from lvl 1 to lvl 12. Is it a bug? Is it a training thingy where the game allows you to learn stuff and XP? Am I doing something wrong? And if yes, is there a way to fix it or do I have to scrap that savegame and restart? I became rather fond of my newly lvl 12 high elf mage.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
So 3.5 hours of combat with one guy, taking my gal from lvl 1 to lvl 12. Is it a bug?

Oh my god, by the first try wouldn't you have noticed that the NPC was bugged? Why would you continue fighting him for 3 and a half hours? That's shear dedicated and is extremely crazy, haha.

Belial666

Well, it was my first time in the game and learning the system bit was good. If I have to start a new game now I'll know what to do in combat at least - I doubt any other combat will be as hard as surviving for hours against a stronger unkillable enemy. :)

My problem is, was it a bug? If it is a bug, how do I stop it from happening again? I don't want to face any unkillable bosses. The guy's name is Rondar I think - and he has a sister I need to go and see in some village by a river.

Parrk

Are you talking about rulolf? the required, un-killable guide mob whom helping to escape is the singular goal of the entire first quest? lol : P

You are just gonna have to run from him and lead him out of the caves to complete that quest. I am unsure how things will go after that since all the follow-on quests are predicated on him liking you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts