Help with Bend will quest & unlocking shouts in Dragonborn dlc

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pinkz0mbie

Hi so maybe this is obvious but how many dragons do I have to kill to unlock bendwill?
I didn't unlock many shouts in Skyrim so I have loads of greyed out ones, but I can't progress with the new dlc without unlocking this shout.

I've absorbed around 3 dragon souls and still nothing.

What am I supposed to do?

: /

Thanks!

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Assuming you have the shout, click on it in the shouts menu and from there you can unlock the shout with the dragon souls you have.

Nakatsu_Hime

I'm having a similar problem.

I have the quest whereby I need to use the Bend-Will shout on the Wind Stone, and the shout is still greyed-out in my shouts list, and says I need Dragon Souls to use this shout.

Now, I have learnt the shout's first word (I even revisited the location to confirm this, and the wall was no longer active), and since I gained the quest/shout, I have killed at least four dragons whose souls I have absorbed.

This is the first time I have had this issue with shouts. Is it a bug, or some aspect of the quest I'm missing?

JClarke1953

Not sure what you meant, but if a Shout is greed out, it's because you've not unlocked it (a shortage of Dragon Soul's causes that). So, if you have the Shout, have you unlocked it? I know it sounds dumb, but I had forgotten to unlock my Shout's, and had about 2-dozen Dragon Soul's before I read about unlocking them with a Dragon Soul.

Greyle

I may be wrong but I think shouts all only take one souls. I play on the PS3 and to equip a shout I hit X and to unlock a shout I hit square. Oh and if you can't find dragons they are a random spawn so that just means your being messed with by the game. ;)

Usulama

You have to unlock it. Just absorbing souls won't automatically do it.
Click the certain button and unlock it.

Nakatsu_Hime

Since my above post, I've read that your press Square on PS3 to unlock a shout. I've never had to unlock a shout before. It's always been freely available from learning the first word.
However, I'll try unlocking it.

TheLastDragonborn

Did you unlock the shout by killing the Serpentine dragon in the lair at Solstheim? (the blue dragon that looks a lot different to the others). If so, you should have absorbed that specific dragon soul.

Nakatsu_Hime

I feel such a noob. I've only been playing Skyrim since its release, and I've only now just noticed the 'Unlock Shout' key command when I go into my shouts section.

I 'only' have 70 Dragon Souls to use, so perhaps I'll do some unlocking now, eh?

Please don't tell anyone about this. We'll keep my sheer idiocy a little secret - Thanks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts