Help with a character build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Revan-

Alright, so, i'm not new to Skyrim, nor am i new to how forums work, so, i apologize for my "noob" post. Regardless, iv'e never found a character set up that i like, or feel like using after a short while. I wanna have someone that can just, run into battle, crush your enemies and laugh, my only idea was some type of orc character in heavy armor and two handed. I know there are tutorials for this, but i would highly appreciate help.

Eury

Dovahkiin
Do you want to use magic? Alot or a little? You should give more details on how you want to fight.

Revan-

preferably no magic. i'm not quite sure how to be more descript, i wanna hit them with a big weapon and crush them, to death.

Eury

Dovahkiin
Then you should go with a 2 Magic 3 Health 1 Stamina build.
So for every 3 health, you put in 2 Magic and 1 Stamina. Until you reach 200 Stamina, then you won't have to put points in that anymore. Might want to get a Circlet, Necklace and Ring to reduce your Conjuration cost by 75%.

First off, thanks for requesting my help, but in the future, you can "Tag" people by typing @, and the name of the poster. Just like this: Revan- see, now an Alert should pop up to get your attention on this post. Handy trick, that.

Now, I have a slightly different take on this build. For one thing, I'd at least splash in Archery. Run in swinging with a big heavy weapon is fun, for a while, but some versatility would be nice, especially for fights where that might not be the best tactic. Also, don't pick perks you're not going to use. Warmaster, for instance, is great if you're in the habit of landing backwards power attacks. If not, skip it. Experiment with all 3 types of Power Attacks, advancing, strafing to either side, and retreating. if you can land them reliably, then get the perks.

Crafting: The plan here is to reach the armor cap, and add effects to your weapons, and armor with Enchanting. One of the biggest advantages to playing an Orc is that they start with bonuses to both Smithing, and Enchanting, so you don't have to grind as much early in the game. Being an Orc, you won't have access to the Forgemaster's Fingers, so the quickest way to find the Fortify Smithy enchantment is to go to Markarth for the Forsworn Conspiracy, kill Madanach, and get the Silverblood Ring to disenchant. Also, clear out White River Watch for the Ironhand Gauntlets to disenchant for Fortify 2 Handed.

I highly suggest the Fire Enchanter perk, because it governs 2 of the most powerful weapon enchantments, Firey Soul Trap, and Absorb health. The former is just 12 Fire Damage, but set them on fire, so they keep taking damage while you wind up for another swing. This stacks with Limbsplitter bleed damage, to get your DPS up. This means getting a Battleaxe, the best one you can craft. I'm also a big fan of the Longhammer, because it can be enchanted, swing as quick as a mace, and uses the Orcish Smithing perk.

Believe it, or not, you can reach the Armor Cap with Orcish Armor, Juggernaut (5) and just a little Fortify Smithy. This means the minimum grinding needed to reach 80% damage reduction, and kind of matches the whole Orc Theme. You can do the Cursed Tribe quest for a full set of armor, and arguably the best 2 handed weapon in all the TES games.

So, Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! I left a few points to advance further up the 2H tree, if you turn out to like the tricky power attack perks. I highly recomend Great Critical Charge, because you can hit them before they get a chance to counter, with stagger to start the fight off right. Deadly Bash also adds a decent amount of damage with any 2H weapon (already the most bash damage you can get.) Most fights will be cheese, but when you go take on Warlord Gathrik, or DDLs down in Lost Volskygge, it will be nice to be able to stunlock them and hack between the bashes so they never have a chance to hit you. Do do the Lost Volskygge, when you have the chance. Guarenteed, a random Ebony 2H weapon, and Bow, with arrows. You have to take it away from 2 Draugr Deathlords, in a row, so come ready for a fight. I respectfully suggest the Longhammer.

Do Ironbind Barrow early, to get the Battleaxe of Firey Souls. This will be your Enchanting trainer, while keeping your gems filled. I warn you, this is the prototypic OP build, so will probably make the game extremely boring shortly after you finish making it...

Revan-

Oh man, this is exactly what i thought would happen. That is exactly what i needed! As you said, i didn't realize i could tag like that. So, thank you, a lot. You sir own Psiberzerker

I don't suggest H/S/M ratios online. No set-up is going to be perfect for everone, and I can't see how you play from here. You're not using Magic, smart, so leave that out of the equation. It's a Tank, so Health, until you find yourself running out of Stamina. Then, invest in some of that. Take it level by level, you're more likely to get the best ratio that way.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts