HELP! Switching skyrimto new comp

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jjleonie

Hi guys, my problem is that I am getting a new comp soon, and I want to transfer skyrim there of course. My question is are the cd key used in installation and steam account, computer binding, as in fixed to one computer????isit guys? And I heard I can copy over saved files from my old to new comp, to continue my character? Any thoughts and advice people? Thanks a billion if u do

Tacocat

To my knowledge, if you installed Skyrim via Steam, you can install Skyrim onto any other computer; provided you log into your Steam account.

And yes you can transfer save files. You simply just copy and paste your Saves folder from your Skyrim directory.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Thanks. Khajiit also upgrades gear.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Copy your saves folder, reinstall the game, and then copy your data folder if you want to carry over your mods (if you have any).

There's no restriction on installing to your steam account, it will just ask you to verify your steam account via your email address, where it will send you a code to input into steam to login for the first time. After that you are fine : )

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts