1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Xbox 360 Help resetting my house in Hearthfire

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by AnApocalypticCow, Sep 13, 2012.

1. AnApocalypticCow

AnApocalypticCow New Member

I just made this account today and the reason is that I have looked high and low but I haven't found the help I need. I have completely constructed all of my three wings and I decided I wanted to change a few of them. I heard you can reset your house to the "small house" stage from the drafting table however I can't seem to find it, and all I can find is the "remove/add workbench" part. Any help what-so-ever is appreciated, thank you.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

Are you sure you can put your house back to small by the drafting table?

I know of one way to reset the house, but it is through different means.
  3. AnApocalypticCow

Thanks for telling me that, I just read somewhere that that was how you did it. If you could please tell me the other way to reset my house that would be very nice, thanks.
  4. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

The other way involved a bug that I created, and I only learned about it by feedback.
    I am still not even sure that I fixed it, but it could work out to your advantage.

I made a modified version of Hearthfire, released it on a modding website, and a person came across a bug that appeared to have reset Hearthfire. What it appears happened was that when he loaded his Xbox 360 Skyrim save (with Hearthfire installed) onto the PC with my version of Hearthfire, after saving and loading his save back on the Xbox, it appeared to reset everything that he did in Hearthfire.

The nice thing with save game editing is that it only requires a USB stick.
  5. AnApocalypticCow

This would be perfect, could you please supply with the links?
  6. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

Alright.

Here's the link. The 1.0 version is the one with the bug that did that. You do need Skyrim on PC to use it, since it is modified to run in Skyrim.

If you don't have Skyrim on the PC, then I would be alright modding your save to reset Hearthfire.
    To get your save onto the PC, download the program 'Horizon' (you might need to make a free account) that is hosted on that site. Plug your USB in, and open Horizon. Find Skyrim, drag the save to the desktop, then just upload it somewhere.
  7. AnApocalypticCow

Well I certantly found a way to reset my hearthfire, but I don't know if I can buy my house back, I'll have to wait and see if the courier comes. What I did was I uninstalled Hearthfire, I reloaded my save with the house, and I saved again overwriting my past one, then I re-installed Hearthfire. Again I don't yet know if the courier will come again, so ya.
  8. AnApocalypticCow

alright, well I'll comeback if my plan doesn't work out, but thank you very much for trying either way.
  9. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

Hopefully this will work, would make things a lot simpler, lol.
  10. AnApocalypticCow

Alright, so I did have to re-install Hearthfire again, and it took awhile for the courier to get to me, but other than that, it works like a charm.
  11. woojakaba

woojakaba New Member

if i uninstall hearthfire as you did to change my houses wings, will i lose anything, like all the materials i used and the money is spent? any response would be cool :)