1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

help - re-editing mods or merging mods

Discussion in 'Skyrim Mods' started by ianc1, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ianc1

ianc1 Member

Can somebody please help me with this question or point me in the right direction to somebody that can answer this.

I am trying to mod the theives guild to add more light sources, I have no problem with adding tourches or light points, but I do have a problem with editing the file again.

What I mean is that the creation kit saves the file as aa.esp but when I re-edit the file it will only save as aa1.esp but the new file will only have the new changes not the ones from the old file. So I have to load aa.esp + aa1.esp to have all the changes, So how to I edit 1 file to have all the changes and only 1 file. Or is there a way of merging all the changes I want to make and saving them as one file.

2. mamali

mamali Well-Known Member

you know some technology mate , nobody replied cuz nobody understands what you said on the last 4 lines :p
    maybe i don't understand cuz my English is bad , i don't know

3. ah3nos

ah3nos Member

Sounds like you need to go back to the basics of how to create a plugin in CK. First step. Delete your aa*.esp files and start over. Open CK, select only skyrim.esm in data files. After it is finished loading go to file>save as. Create a plugin name for example my_thieves_guild.esp. Close CK and open again. This time select skyrim.esm and my_thieves_guild.esp. Also make sure you set my_thieves _guild.esp as the active plugin file. Make changes and save. Start game and check that my_thieves_guild.esp is checked in data files so that it will load. All done. If you need to edit the file open CK and check skyrim.esm and my_thieves_guild.esp ( set this as active file again). Edit, save, load in game.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

4. ianc1

ianc1 Member

Sorry, I do not know how to explain what I am trying to do. I use aa.esp as a example I just call it that so its easier to see in my windows view.
    say I add a tourch and a light source near the barrel the other side of the secret door in the flaggon and save the file as aa.esp. I then decide to add a tourch and light source somewhere else but I can only save the file as a new file so I name it aa1.esp. so now I have two files

aa.esp = tourch + source near the barrel on the otherside of the door.
    aa1.esp = tourch + source near the dark area near the barkeeper in the flaggon.

aa1.esp only has the new items added not all of them.

I want to merge both mods and create a file called light.esp without rebuilding the whole lot from scratch.

5. ianc1

ianc1 Member

Thanks ah3nos, following your advice I am now able to re-edit my mods and save them as one mod. I was trying for hours to figure it out but I did'nt think to make it active.