Help : necromage perk not working

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jackoneill4444

Hi so i've been trying to go for a paladin-like character in skyrim, however the "necromage" perk doesn't work and i don't know why.

It just doesn't increase any values of my offensive restoration spells against undead. I've tried to disable every single mod i have, but still, the perk doesn't work.

Any idea what my cause this and how could i solve it? I've tried to add the perk through the console, but it still doesn't work...

Thanks

Jackoneill4444

Alright after testing it in the field, i'll rephrase my question : is it normal for the necromage perk to apply to all spells, and to NOT display the bonus damage to spells targeting undead in the restoration tree?
The damage seems to work, but there's no change in the spell description : for instance a spell that deals 50 dmg to undead will deal more damage with necromage, but the description will still say 50 dmg.

THanks !

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Yes, because the base damage of the spell doesn't change, but the additional damage is calculated once the spell hits.

It is sorta like how critical hits are calculated if that makes sense. It doesn't change the spell, because it has a specific instance in which the bonus is applied. Or at least that is how I understand its likely programming.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Yeah it doesn't change the spells description but it does affect how much damage undead take from destruction, increases the level that illusion spells work at and turn undead magic.

Very handy perk IMO. Especially if you take it as a vampire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts