Help me, my character can't fight.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BlueBull

DovahBull
I was trying to make my own skyrim battle, and then after I was done messing around and turned tfc
off so I could play with my character but there is an issue. My characters can't attack, or fight back.
I can't swing my swords, axes, warhammers, or use bows. I keep clicking with the mouse to attack or fight
but I can't attack, my characters are not attacking. There is no other problem other then that.

I just started my own skyrim battle (which this is my first time in making one) using console commands.
I typed in "tcai," then "tai". Then I typed "tfc" then I turn tcai and tai back on after I was done making battles. Later I made another skyrim battle and repeated the same thing. Then after I turned everything off the
problem started. Maybe the console commands had anything to do with it?

I did try "tdetect" twice both times but it said something like "tdetect not found".

I think the console commands may have had to do with it but I'm not sure.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
exit out and reload. That usually fixes things when you can't unsheathe a weapon or do anything

BlueBull

DovahBull
exit out and reload. That usually fixes things when you can't unsheathe a weapon or do anything

You mean exit out the game all together? I mean like exiting to desktop
Or just reload a save? Because I tried that and it didn't work.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

You have to exit out completely to desktop if it is what I experienced before.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
If it is still funky when you restart, load a save game prior to when you were messing around in the console (i.e. not an autosave that may have happened afterwards)

BlueBull

DovahBull

What caused it to happen to you if I may ask? Did you use console commands too?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

I've experienced something similar multiple times. Some times it's been console stuff, but most of the time messing around with mods which trigger particular animations or poses that I was using to get cool screenshots.

I think sometimes controls get stuck/locked out when something or other routine-wise doesn't complete properly

BlueBull

DovahBull

I've experienced something similar multiple times. Some times it's been console stuff, but most of the time messing around with mods which trigger particular animations or poses that I was using to get cool screenshots.

I think sometimes controls get stuck/locked out when something or other routine-wise doesn't complete properly

Also, this is happening on my other character accounts too. I mean it's
happening on more then one character I have. It's not just one.
Could hat make a difference?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Even after completely restarting, or did you try other characters by just loading up a different save w/o restarting completely?

If you didn't restart, then loading up any save file would have the same issue. If you did exit completely and restart and still have the issue, you likely have something different from what I have experienced as what I have experienced got fixed by an exit/restart.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
you also might reboot the computer in case something hardware-wise isn't functioning properly

BlueBull

DovahBull

Even after completely restarting, or did you try other characters by just loading up a different save w/o restarting completely?

If you didn't restart, then loading up any save file would have the same issue. If you did exit completely and restart and still have the issue, you likely have something different from what I have experienced as what I have experienced got fixed by an exit/restart.

I didn't restart. I just wanted to ask one more question before restarting.
I'll restart now. Thanks.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
cool. hopefully it works for you

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
excellent

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts