Help me building a pure vampire!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
Thanks for the tips man.
I decided to remove conjuration from the build, because I realised that I won't need it too much, and because I can summon gargoyles as a vampire lord too. I also have Vampire's Servant power. Is conjuration so good?
I think speech perks are a waste, I have already have Vampire's Seduction power.
So this will be my build: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#302665
What do you think? Any advices on the stats allocation? Thanks!

Well, based on what I said earlier, I consider master Illusion a waste. Also, as a vampire, I'd be less inclined to wear a full set of light armour, so personally wouldn't go too much into that tree, maybe drop a couple of points into Alteration to boost armour rating when necessary. I dislike Shadow Warrior, I think it's a bit ridiculous, but by all means go for it if you want to be able to end a battle whenever you feel like it. Also, Silence is a tad pointless if you're casting Muffle when you're sneaking, which is overpowered as it is, before the 25% bonus for vampires is added.

Like I said, everyone plays differently, so allocating points to the 3 properties is something that you'll have to work out yourself. Although, I wouldn't make stamina any more than 150, and I prefer my vampires to have significantly more magicka than health for a little vulnerability, but that's just me :)

J'darr

I will wear the vampire royal armor set (I added the hood with a mod).
I like Shadow Warrior and I think it fits a vampire well...
You are right on silence but I have to get it to pick Shadow Warrior.
My only concern now is about roleplay :) According to you should I take Conjuration? Is it useful for my build?
As regards Speech perks I really find them a waste even for roleplay... I can always choose persuasive options without persiasion perk. Again thanks for your answers!!

AS88

Staff member
I will wear the vampire royal armor set (I added the hood with a mod).
I like Shadow Warrior and I think it fits a vampire well...
You are right on silence but I have to get it to pick Shadow Warrior.
My only concern now is about roleplay :) According to you should I take Conjuration? Is it useful for my build?
As regards Speech perks I really find them a waste even for roleplay... I can always choose persuasive options without persiasion perk. Again thanks for your answers!!

Each to his own :)

With regards to Conjuration, it depends. If you're planning on having a follower, especially Serana, then you probably won't need one. However, Conjuration can be an immensely powerful school. There's no reason why you can't have a Dead Thrall Master Necromancer/Vampire, who will raise their own zombie/atronach, and Serana who will do the same. That's a party of 5 ;)

J'darr

Thanks again man!
I still don't know if I'll have a follower with me. However I really like conjuration but I haven't enough perks...
If I can put it on the build without remove more important perks it's fine.
For Illusion, I'll use Invisibility a lot... why do you think that master perk isn't needed?

AS88

Staff member
Thanks again man!
I still don't know if I'll have a follower with me. However I really like conjuration but I haven't enough perks...
If I can put it on the build without remove more important perks it's fine.
For Illusion, I'll use Invisibility a lot... why do you think that master perk isn't needed?

Get rid of Silent Roll, Silence, Shadow Warrior, Master Illusion and the perks in Light Armour that aren't Agile Defender ranks, then you'll have the perks available to do it :p

Take a look at the reference guide I linked you further up. Master Illusion just isn't necessary, especially as a vampire (25% boost to Illusion effectiveness)

J'darr

You convinced me man, I'll base this build on roleplaying. I'll take the build you kindly gave to me. (http://skyrimcalculator.com/#302723). I am going to make a vampire spellsword so I'll have a spell in a hand and a sword in the other one. I have only some questions on some perks:
1) Are the dual casting perks worth them? And the apprentice-master perks?
2) I think the necromage perk in restoration is useless (the glitch was fixed) Where can I put it? Maybe in silent roll?
Thanks!

AS88

Staff member
You convinced me man, I'll base this build on roleplaying.

Excellent choice

tumblr_inline_mh841fxg9I1qz4rgp.gif

I'll take the build you kindly gave to me. (http://skyrimcalculator.com/#302723). I am going to make a vampire spellsword so I'll have a spell in a hand and a sword in the other one. I have only some questions on some perks:
1) Are the dual casting perks worth them? And the apprentice-master perks?
2) I think the necromage perk in restoration is useless (the glitch was fixed) Where can I put it? Maybe in silent roll?
Thanks!

Duel casting for Illusion is definitely worth it - it negates the need for the master perk (which only effects the master level spells, which are duel-casted anyway). For Destruction, it's up to you. It's not as efficient as single casts, but the extra time and space Impact gives you can be of great benefit. However, considering the fact you're going for a spellsword, you can save 2 perks by leaving duel-cast Destruction alone. Duel-casting Restoration, Conjuration or Alteration wouldn't be worth the perk for you, honestly.

I didn't know Necromage was fixed, so thanks for that, but I would consider maybe dropping a point or 2 into Enchanting, to give your gear a bit of a boost and tie into soul trapping from Conjuration. Silent Roll is okay, but best used either by an Assassin style, or in conjunction with the Critical Charge perks (which aren't very vampire-y, in my opinion).

Thanks for the follow, too. Glad to have helped! :)

J'darr

Thanks again man, you're really fast!
I'll put Necromage perk in Impact.
What skills should I prioritize at the beginning?

AS88

Staff member
Thanks again man, you're really fast!
I'll put Necromage perk in Impact.
What skills should I prioritize at the beginning?

Yeah, I'm just passing time on here and Facebook :p

Skills to prioritise would be Illusion, Conjuration, Illusion. (intentional)

Although, most of the ones you picked tend to level fairly quickly, so you shouldn't struggle :)

AS88

Staff member
See how things go and come back if you need any advice, etc :)

J'darr

Thanks again for your help.
According to you is it better light armor or alteration for this build?
I have only 3 perks in light armor so I don't think they're enough for alteraion.

AS88

Staff member
Thanks again for your help.
According to you is it better light armor or alteration for this build?
I have only 3 perks in light armor so I don't think they're enough for alteraion.

If you want to wear the vampire armour, then drop a few perks into the first few ranks of Agile Defender. Light armour is good for constant protection, alteration spells can be more effective than light armour, but you have to cast it first, which can become a little repetitive.

Alteration could be an option if you get the mod which provides vampire armour in cloth form - thereby giving you the benefits of the Mage Armour perks in alteration, though you would be running around with 0 armour until you cast a -flesh spell.

Honestly, I'd go for the first 3 points in Agile Defender, giving you a good base level of armour, and the Novice-Apprentice (or Adept) perks in alteration for a boost when you think you might need it. That would also open up the chance to get the Magic Resistance perk. A quick point though, remember to use wards from the restoration school, especially against stuff like dragons.

AS88

Staff member
Ok, thanks so I'll use light armor, I'll go into alteration past level 50.

Cool. There's nothing stopping you grabbing Oakflesh or Stoneflesh, and using them fairly early to boost your skills up a little. :)

J'darr

I'm trying the build, I have killed the first dragon now and it works very well, thanks for the tips.
I have a question: because of memes on internet and a friend of mine I got spoiled some details of the main quest.
I'd like to know if this things are important and if the story is still quite enjoyable, I think they're near the end...

SPOILER

I know who is Paarthurnax (who is his brother and that he's the leader of Greybeards) you have the choice to kill him (side with the Blades) or spare him (side with the Greybeards). I know that a dragon gets "chained up" and that you have to fight Alduin more times... Something about the burning of a city during the Civil War and who is Cicero. That's all. I don't know anything about the final. Thanks.

AS88

Staff member
I know who is Paarthurnax (who is his brother and that he's the leader of Greybeards) you have the choice to kill him (side with the Blades) or spare him (side with the Greybeards). I know that a dragon gets "chained up" and that you have to fight Alduin more times... Something about the burning of a city during the Civil War and who is Cicero. That's all. I don't know anything about the final. Thanks.

Yeah, they are fairly large spoilers. However, there's still an awful lot of gameplay that hasn't been spoiled. Play the game and enjoy it, it's a shame you won't be surprised by all of it, but it's still interesting. :)

Also, this spoils nothing from the DLC, which is good too

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts