• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jerryw619

In Diplomatic Immunity. In the Winking Skeever, at the point at which I am to give Malborn the things I want smuggled into the party, I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW to give him the stuff! I've played through this quest BEFORE, without trouble. This time, though, I wanted to "take my time" and be Really Well Prepared for the Main Action, so I've reached level 46 BEFORE starting the Diplomatic Immunity quest, and I find myself at the Thalmor Embassy STRIPPED of Everything Useful I have acquired and created up to now, except for my Magic skills. The "cut scene" in the Winking Skeever just plays through WITHOUT letting me Give Stuff to Malborn. How, exactly, do I PICK the stuff to give him and then hand it over? Where have I screwed up? Please, I've got almost two HUNDRED hours invested in THIS Play-Through, and I DO NOT want to start over!

Reaper24

Try completing the quest and go back to the sleeping giant to see if your equipment is maybe there. Or reload a save before talking to the guy and see if that works. If those don't solve your problem then you're fluffed.

jerryw619

Thanks for responding, Reaper24. I've tried the "reloading before talking to Malborn" ploy several times, with no luck. It feels as though I am overlooking something Really Basic. I am fully loaded walking into The Skeever.

MistWraith

Have you tried resetting the quest with a console command?
I've had a glitch in this quest before and used the command setstage MQ201 30 to restart the mission. It will take you back to where you need to go talk to Delphine in Riverwood.

Knowhere man

A little late, but I have a possible solution to the problem. Go up to the embassy and put the stuff you need just outside the gate. After going there by carriage you should be able to reach the equipment through the grating in the gate from the inside. Worked for me on the 360 back in the day, should work now.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts