• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Here's a few tips to help you get the answers you need.

1. Use the search box in the upper right to look for your answer first. Many questions have already been answered by our friendly forum members. I know some words don't work in the search box so it can be a bit difficult to find some things but do your best.
  2. Assume this entire section of the forums contains SPOILERS. If your question is at all Dawnguard related, please use the Dawnguard subforum under Skyrim General Discussion. Until Dawnguard is released for all platforms, this is the best way to have the usual helpers here able to answer your questions without getting Dawnguard spoilers.
  3. That being said, don't put spoilers in the subject of your thread. Give us a basic idea of what you need and especially, what platform you're using (use the prefixes for xbox, ps3 and PC to give us the quickest heads-up).
  4. If you're on PC and you're asking hardware-related questions (such as help with framerates, graphics glitches, minimum specs and such), please give us as much information as possible about your system. We need to know what OS you are running (and what version), your CPU type and specs, and your graphics card type and specs at the very minimum. Know what drivers you are using and what version they are. If you can give us as much of this information as you can up front, we don't have to spend time asking you and we can instead spend time answering your question quickly and correctly. We may need more info than this small list, but it's a good start and helps us eliminate a lot of suggestions right from the start.
  5. If you are asking about a glitch, we need to know the mods you have installed (for PC folks) and what patch level you're using.
  6. Please be patient. We have members all around the world and the people with the best answer to your question may not be online this very moment. Don't bump your own thread after 5 minutes.
  7. If you're answering a call for help, please be sincere and patient. Not everyone is as much of an expert on Skyrim as you are. Rather than bashing on someone for posting a question that's already been answered, take the 5 seconds to link to the post that covers the question.
  8. Thank you to all of the folks who offer their time answering these help posts.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Well said especially the search

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
One Word "Google" if that doe'snt work search on here before posting. i've answered a few helps by copying the topic into "Google" then replying........took like 30 seconds....i call it the new generation lazy mode! easier to ask someone else to look!

For example!!

"Help my beer is warm" ......waits 20 mins for an answer

Types "Help my beer is warm in "Google" ohh looky" 2mins later i know to either put it in the fridge/Ice Cube it or drink the fu***r faster!

Metallipath

Premium Member
I like when people use the search box, because I always feel rude if I tell them to search instead of answering the same question over again. I have recently linked people to pre-existing threads in which I have answered the same question before though.

Jojopanther

how can I find more deedric quest and how is the perk calculator used Iwant to fill one out then let other ppl see it and have them tell me what they think and what I need to work on. But the biggest thing for me rite now Ineed to find another long quest line so can level up more rite now Iam level 56

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
OOC and Open are terms used in the Roleplaying section of the forum. OOC is "Out of character" and "Open" is a story accepting applicants for roleplayers.

Tralen

thanks so if you are trying to create a guild on here like the aldmeri dominion what would you put?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you mean a guild for the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online game, then you would scroll down a bit on the main forum page below all the Skyrim specific forums and you'll see a forum labeled TESO Discussion. That's where you'd want to put your post.

myron j. dansby

One Word "Google" if that doe'snt work search on here before posting. i've answered a few helps by copying the topic into "Google" then replying........took like 30 seconds....i call it the new generation lazy mode! easier to ask someone else to look!

For example!!

"Help my beer is warm" ......waits 20 mins for an answer

Types "Help my beer is warm in "Google" ohh looky" 2mins later i know to either put it in the fridge/Ice Cube it or drink the fu***r faster!

myron j. dansby

sorry about the first attempt - the first thing is to say Google isn't on every computer in the world 2end not everyone knows how to use google -3erd not everyone knows a lot about computers - 4th not everyone knows what they are doing at this site either - as my post pointed out i'm new here - i only been online for about 5 to 10 years total - i'm learning but that takes time = and i did send a privet message to what i beleive is a moderator of the site for personal help on learning this site. the point don't make the mistake believing everyone has what you have.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts