Quest Help! : Fort Hraggstad - Joining the Legion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Trogaf

On PS3: Having started the Joining the Legion quest I walked over to to Fort Hraggstad. I killed everyone in both indoor sections, every one on the outside and even shot the archer so he fell off the tower down the cliff. Yet it says that the quest is incomplete and when I talk to the Rikke she tell me to go do the quest. I had previously been at this location before accepting the quest. Also I only noticed the quest was in error, having saved a few time and doing a quest that was on the way back to Solitude. When I have the quest active, and only it active, there are no arrows that appear on the map, and the show on map is inactive. A further note, when using the Detect Life spell nothing happens. When using the Clairvoyance spell it says "no active quests", when the custom marker is disabled. I have no wish of joining the Stormcloaks. What can I do to Complete this quest?

You assistance is much appreciated. Thanks.

LotusMira

I am having this exact same problem, also on the PS3 (I had already cleared the Fort, went and got the quest, came back and cleared the Fort again, and never got an update to the quest, plus the arrow map markers had disappeared).

In my case, I just deactivated the quest for a while and went around and did other things. However, now I'm working on the "Season Unending" quest - a very important quest in the game! - and I can't complete it because I can't "Talk to General Tullius" (he just tells me that I was already given a task to do and I can't even enter into dialogue with him) until I finish the "Join the Legion" quest.

I went back to the Fort to find it was, indeed, taken over with Imperial soldiers, indicating that the game realized on some level that I had successfully cleared out the bandits (which I did - twice - just like the above poster), but the quest still hadn't updated. Curious, I made the "Join the Legion" quest active and the map marker arrows directed me to the Fort prison, wherein I found three arrows just floating in thin air over nothingness, each indicating it was part of the "Clear Out Fort Hraggstad" part of the quest. Needless to say, I've no idea what to do, since there are NO more bandits there, and the quest arrows are pointing to nothing... No one to kill.... And I can't advance on setting up the peace meeting in High Hrothgar until this is resolved.

I see the above post was posted a long time back and no one has responded - PLEASE help us out, people! What's the point of a forum like this if no one offers any suggestions??? :sadface:

Joshi0906

i had this problem too, finally resolved it! I started the "Season Unending" after "joining the legion" and could not complete either due to the reasons mentioned in the previous comments. I'm not quite sure how i resolved the issue but after clearing all the bandits outside, i headed for the prison, cleared all the bandits there and my quest arrow reappeared! Then i simply followed it to the main keep and was asked to kill three more bandits inside and the job was done! I'm assuming if you're just getting three arrows pointing to nothing you'll have to reload an earlier save and redo the quest, if you haven't got one, you may unfortunately have to restart the game! Hope this helps!?

AJK

I'm having this same problem. Partway through killing the bandits at Fort Hraggstad the quest marker just disappears and won't come back. There's nobody left to kill but the quest won't update. Argh.

AJK

I am having this exact same problem, also on the PS3 (I had already cleared the Fort, went and got the quest, came back and cleared the Fort again, and never got an update to the quest, plus the arrow map markers had disappeared).

In my case, I just deactivated the quest for a while and went around and did other things. However, now I'm working on the "Season Unending" quest - a very important quest in the game! - and I can't complete it because I can't "Talk to General Tullius" (he just tells me that I was already given a task to do and I can't even enter into dialogue with him) until I finish the "Join the Legion" quest.

I went back to the Fort to find it was, indeed, taken over with Imperial soldiers, indicating that the game realized on some level that I had successfully cleared out the bandits (which I did - twice - just like the above poster), but the quest still hadn't updated. Curious, I made the "Join the Legion" quest active and the map marker arrows directed me to the Fort prison, wherein I found three arrows just floating in thin air over nothingness, each indicating it was part of the "Clear Out Fort Hraggstad" part of the quest. Needless to say, I've no idea what to do, since there are NO more bandits there, and the quest arrows are pointing to nothing... No one to kill.... And I can't advance on setting up the peace meeting in High Hrothgar until this is resolved.

I see the above post was posted a long time back and no one has responded - PLEASE help us out, people! What's the point of a forum like this if no one offers any suggestions??? :sadface:

Apparently you're allowed to switch sides after doing the 2nd quest for either side, so I am going to try joining the Stormcloaks, failing the "Joining the Legion" quest, and then switching to their side after the 2nd Stormcloaks quest. I would think that should un-stick everything.

AJK

UPDATE: After doing some other quests for a while, the quest marker for Fort Hraggstad came back up and I was able to finish clearing it out and finish the quest. I think it just had to respawn for some reason.

Dovahcaine

Hi friends, i found that unmarking all other quests and leaving this one active caused the marker to come back. there also TWO doors (i missed this the first time) so make sure you clear both areas.

Mike199+51995

On PS3: Having started the Joining the Legion quest I walked over to to Fort Hraggstad. What can I do to Complete this quest?

You assistance is much appreciated. Thanks.

INSTANT FIX found from playing Nintendo Switch. Assuming you have done the quest from Whiterun to find the missing son from the jeweling Whitemane woman. The MISSING BANDITS are not in fact at the keep they are supposed to be on. I teleported to Northwatch Keep which is next to Fort Hraggstad after reading all the above posts and following everything except for the reset option. Guess what!? All the bandits you needed to kill marked with arrows are THERE! They attacked me as soon as I spawned in so I think the glitch is that they are at both forts and must slowly take their time walking back to Hraggstad. Its the only explanation I could come up with. I hope this helps and many of you most likely cleared that keep at a low level when I did which also explains how the bandits could have ended up there. :)

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts