• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LorreWolf

Hey everyone,
New skyrim player here,
I must adlit, i have only played melee and archery characters to this, and i really wanted to thoroughly learn the elder scroll magic system,
So i wanted to create a character with a little more challenge, no armor, no weapons, no summoning magic,
So only magic/ attacks coming from me personally,
And you can have enchantments on clothes ofc.
And i'm finding myself lost, and seek help from more experienced magic users.
How do you begin a character like this? What are important parts i should be aware off, and how can i best progress further to the endgame in terms of build.

Thanks in advance!

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
Quick question, are you on console or pc? I've played a lot of mages and the best one's use alchemy to boost magic damage and spell durations. Now I know you said you don't want to use summoning for extra support that you'll probably need. Or not depending on your difficulty. If you choose to dabble in restoration I only recommend investing up to adept and make sure to knab both perks of recovery.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

LorreWolf

I'm playing on Xbox one, trying adapt difficulty. Thanks for the alchemy tip! Going to check tutorials for it :-) is summoning a must for adapt difficulty?
I'm indeed dabbling in restoration, but will not go higher than arapt ty :-)

If you know good mods that whiden the choises/helps spellcasting and or alchemy, whitout making it OP like some mods, i would definitly be interested in it :-)

Ty for all the help so far :-)

No problem. I love games and Skyrim and love to share what I know. (Man I sound like a know it all) For me summoning was a must for me in the mid to late game cause as a mage you're squishy and they provide protection and extra damage. Followers tend to die when a mage gets very powerful, summons is a way to eliminate that problem by giving you disposable support. Sorry I don't know any mods on the Xbox One cause I'm on PS4. I also only use mods to recreate other video game characters. [emoji14]

There are a few essential followers that you can recruit in the early game as you build up your magic skills. They'll go down but not out. Sense you use alchemy yoi can give them plenty of potions to keep on distracting the enemy. What race do you plan on being?

LorreWolf

I was thinking of going with breton race? Is it a good race? What are the bedt offencive spells in skyrim, or the best schools? En is there somwhsome where you czn czn good potions for it?

Breton is a smart choice. Has a boost in conjuration and 25% magic resist and 50% absorption for a minute. Destruction is your offense, alteration is your defense and a nice utility. Restoration and conjuration for support and alchemy for boosts. You could get into illusion and sneak if you feel like a vampire would be a good time. Or if you feel to just be stealthy. Up to you though. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts