help for assigning perk points

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wishkah

I know this is sort of silly, but it is driving me crazy.

Every time I level up.. at level 9 now... after choosing to upgrade health or stamina, I go to try and assign my perk points.. I have 8 now.

As I'm playing a sneaky type, I want to assign points to the sneak catagory. My sneak is at 27 and the first level is one of the ones that you can put 5 points in to fill up. At that point I try and assign points to the skill... and can't.. i've clicked everything I can find, left click, right click, tab, enter etc..

Nothing pops up when I mouse over it, nothing says I am not qualified or at the right level.

Help... I'm sure it is easy once I know how.. but I'm at my wits end...

BC3PO

some perks you need to get that skill at a certain level before you can apply a point to it. I think thats what your talking about. The stars that you can apply points to, are different colors then the ones you can't. Hope this helps some

Touchstone

Something should show up; check the bottom the screen as you scroll over. It may say what the required skill is - I think you need more than 30 in sneak to level up beyond that. It's built to make you choose several skills trees. If you're being a sneaky character like me, I strongly suggest you add points to your light armor and weapon-style of choice. Lockpicking and alchemy are also great choices. the other thing you can do is sneak. A lot. everywhere. This will help you level that skill.

Found a guide that might help you further. http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/3610/article/skyrim-skill-tree-guide/

EggSalad

sometimes its better to hold on to perk points rather than try to spend them right away. just like most people in Diablo would hold onto stat points untill they need to use them....

Isevilja

I agree with Eggsalad here :) I've saved all my perk points so far. I'm a battlemage, and I won't use perk points to f ex cast novice spells at half cost, when I won't even be using novice spells later on. I'd rather use my perk points when my skills are high enough to choose better perks that will last throughout the game :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts