Help fixing follower skin coloring mismatch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wootcat

I've got several MODs, many of which affect followers and/or Lydia. Somewhere along the way, I messed things up and now Lydia's face/head is much darker than the rest of her body. How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks!

hyp3rstrike

Hi Wootcat,

The issue you have is related to the Skyrim Creation Kit not properly exporting facegen information to the .esp files. You will need to 'espify' the mod in Wyrebash, and then open the mod in the SCK.

Once you've done that, find the actor (for Lydia, filter the objects window with HousecarlWhiterun) and highlight the actor. After that, press CTRL + F4 and you will get a prompt to ask you if you want to export the facegen data. Obviously you'll want to click yes.

The facegen data export will create two sets of files in your Data directory, both in meshes and textures. If you look around in the files, you'll eventually come across a folder named the same name as the mod .esp - this is where the facegen data is exported to.

If you like, you can re-package these files in the mod and upload it as a 'fixed' version to whatever site you choose (so as long as their Terms of Service allows as such).

Hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to mention, you'll need to de-espify the esp file once you're done, otherwise it will not load in the game.

wootcat

Thanks for the quick reply! Does it matter if I don't know which mod it is that messed up the colors? That's the biggest point of confusion for me right now, as I'm not sure which one made Lydia so dark.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Thanks for the quick reply! Does it matter if I don't know which mod it is that messed up the colors? That's the biggest point of confusion for me right now, as I'm not sure which one made Lydia so dark.
It shouldn't matter, no. I once accidentally screwed up Ysolda and had to make an extra mod to fix her. Managed to do it without Wrye Bash or anything, though. Just a "ysoldaFix.esp," Ctrl + F4, and voila!
Granted, recent experience suggests this only worked properly because she didn't have any tattoos, but whatever.

wootcat

Okay, any way to fix without Wyre Bash? I tried installing it, but it said I had Skyrim installed in a bad place and should reinstall the whole game to use Wyre.

Cheeky

Thought that I would bump this thread so not to create a new one as i searched and this is the only one that i could find am having this issue but it seems to be effecting only my character the npc's are not noticeable if it is effecting them. attached a head shot of my character showing the head discoloration this started recently after entering the numbers to copy Ingun Blackbriars look after a long time of fiddling around with the sliders and never saving them till recently. Now ever character i create even using the presets this happens. I am using Coverwoman look #3, CBBE, No more Bronze Skin (*to get rid of the horrible bronze lines in shadows) and Sporty Sexy Sweat skin with head mesh this happened only recently and I understand that shading can make it appear to effect the color but that is not the case despite the pic having it I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mods and curious if there is a fix for this on the PChar's

Attachments

• headshot.jpg
    headshot.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 10

KattSand

Premium Member
Thought that I would bump this thread so not to create a new one as i searched and this is the only one that i could find am having this issue but it seems to be effecting only my character the npc's are not noticeable if it is effecting them. attached a head shot of my character showing the head discoloration this started recently after entering the numbers to copy Ingun Blackbriars look after a long time of fiddling around with the sliders and never saving them till recently. Now ever character i create even using the presets this happens. I am using Coverwoman look #3, CBBE, No more Bronze Skin (*to get rid of the horrible bronze lines in shadows) and Sporty Sexy Sweat skin with head mesh this happened only recently and I understand that shading can make it appear to effect the color but that is not the case despite the pic having it I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mods and curious if there is a fix for this on the PChar's
I don't know about the cbbe body, but with the unp body, there's an optional coverwomen mod to download that removes that discoloration, I'm using it myself and it does make a difference. The mod is for unp only like I said and it's called "seamless unp and coverwomen" and can be downloaded optionally from the coverwomen mod. Who knows, it may work with cbbe too so it's worth a try :)

I wish someone would come up wth a way to add these facegen files (textures/meshes) to the CK archive. I've tried dragging and dropping, whatevr wiith bethesda for not giving us a way to add these important files to our mods on steam.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts