HELP Didn't Give Malborn Enough Equipment

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Michael632

Hi,

I have reached the "Diplomatic Immunity" questline, and when I went up to Malborn I was dumb and didn't give him all that I needed by accident. Is there any possible way to give him more? I don't have any past saves as I was doing sides and saved there. If it's not possible, how can I take on a frost troll with no armor? Help. :sadface:

Thanks.

Ironclad

Ice Breath shout? Freeze it and just run away.
Magic? Use muffle and sneak past.
Or... run! RUUUUUNNN! (up the fallen tree and out, you won't be followed)

Ironclad

Unrelenting Force maybe, smash it to the ground for a vital couple of seconds to run up that log and out of the very small cave.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Hi,

I have reached the "Diplomatic Immunity" questline, and when I went up to Malborn I was dumb and didn't give him all that I needed by accident. Is there any possible way to give him more? I don't have any past saves as I was doing sides and saved there. If it's not possible, how can I take on a frost troll with no armor? Help. :sadface:

Thanks.
It never ceases to amaze me when people always say " I don't have any past saves " or that they have Auto Save turned off then when things go wrong they want somebody to help them. A word to the wise " Save Often " as you can always delete them afterwards when you get too many.

If you are at the Frost Troll then do what Ironclad suggested.

bananban

Hm... I remember I gave Malborn way too much stuff, thinking the whole quest would be more difficult than it was. I wouldn't worry too much about any of it, if you kill all the Thalmor (or even just one), you find plenty of gear to help you find your way out safely.

I assume you are some kind of warrior character if you're worrying about Frost Trolls, because they aren't very difficult with a few Firebolts or Fireballs to the face. I would just suggest to try and shoot it with arrows, flee, or use whatever fire spell you have.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
Same thing happened to me, except I gave him nothing whatsoever. Went in there totally naked. Luckily, I had completed the Companions Questline, and had Werewolf blood. What I did was turn into a Werewolf and it worked out fine for me, of course I don't know if you have it as well, but if you do, definitely use it. It works.

Necromis

besides there is PLENTY of armour to wear in there. Everyone you fought had some on them

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
besides there is PLENTY of armour to wear in there. Everyone you fought had some on them

^--- Very true.

In the room that the party is going on, there are a couple of Iron Daggers in there, look on the tables with the food. Take all the food as Health replenishment. The food in the kitchen can also be taken.

If you're sneaky enough, you should be able to single out one of the Thalmor guards once you've left the party. With a couple of daggers, you can take him down and use his armor.

There's more usable stuff just laying around than you think. You just have to play wisely through here. It is absolutely possible to get through it coming in with nothing.

.... or you could always lower the difficulty. :confused:

Necromis

You know one of my dumb moments on that quest was going all the way up and taking out the mage on the top floor. I thought that was how I had to exit to get to the other side. I didn't know that if I turned right out of that room with the two guards that door around the corner opned up outside, too. LOL

Hi,

Thanks.

I did the same thing. Of course I saved but not in a new file, so I was stuck with only my wits and a bit of magic. Don't bother getting the iron dagger or shield you may find in the offices, they will not help you fight the armored guards.
By this time you should have already earned Unrelenting Force, with all three words. You are wandering around in the office and bedrooms; there are guards and wizards about. You CAN run away from them. If you can get a guard alone, shout at her and then immediately (they wake up unharmed) go rob them of their items. You should get at least a steel axe and the trapdoor key.
You need to follow the quest arrows to get to the office and then downstairs. You must get to the crate in the detention area behind where Rulindil is sitting. Sneak over and rob that chest. You must read the documents you recover. Then make your way to the trapdoor. If you are being chased you may be followed. Fight or avoid the Frost Troll and be free. I was lucky to not encounter the troll on one escape attempt.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts