Help creating a Knight build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

joechill01

Hello everyone,

My main's a Nord warrior but I been messing around with my Breton and been trying to figure out a good build for a typical knight in shining armor, online I only get Death/dark Knight but no actual knight build. I have so far a good perk map and it's pretty much a cross between Paladin and Warrior but I'll like to hear some comments and inputs from real Skyrim players. Bear in mind I want him to be the quintessential knight such as Lancelot and Galahad; a mage killer, dragon slayer and wooer of fair maidens.
lancelot-20081017085723718.jpg

As far as perks go I have Restoration, a lil bit of Alchemy as well as Archery, Block, Speech, Smiting, Heavy Armor and Enchanting. Would or should I add Alteration into the mix, if so which perks from the tree should I get?

But the main problem I have is what weapon should he use, greatsword or a sword and shield combo? Historically Knights wielded both as well as any weapons they came across with (shame skyrim doesn't have any lances or polearms). As for me the player I won't care between two or one handed as I have played both before and welcome any challenge that comes with the build.

I would like to hear y'all's opinions on what makes a true knight.

Assassin's Bane

go with sword and board, 2handed is too berserker

joechill01

how honorable...
A true knight would never make a lady go dutch...

All joking aside, what y'all think about alteration? I'm only interested cause I heard it raises armor and magic res. and that sounds helpful for this build but can it raise heavy armor or just cloth armor for mages?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
To make the most out of Alteration's tree, you need a skill level of 70 and you'll have to invest 5 perk points (Novice, Apprentice, Magic Resistance x3). I don't think I would spend the time working up that skill and investing the points, you're probably better off using them elsewhere. Aside from the Magic Resistance the Alteration Tree affords you, there's nothing else of benefit that I can see.

You could go after the Spellbreaker shield fairly early in-game (Levels 10 or 12 depending on who you encounter to trigger the quest), which helps vs. Magic. Aesthetically, it's not great, but it works.

In a roleplaying sense, I would probably otherwise stick to Steel, Wolf, or Blade Armors. Try and pick up the full-faced Imperial Helmet. There are a few instances where you can pick this one up. It's different, and much cooler, than the full-faced guard helmet.

Youtube walkthrough:

Looks like this, sorry the image is small:

imphelm.jpg

RedVideo

His Excellency
there is a Daedric Artifact called "Spellbreaker" which you get by going on the Quest "The Only Cure". Most Daedric quests require you to do distasteful things no knight would ever do, but this one doesn't seem so bad (I have only read about it) It seems to have the kind of magic resistance that a knight would enjoy, and it looks pretty cool.

It seems to me that going with all steel plate would give you the look you want. oh, try to get a sword called Dawnbreaker, it's very knight-ish.

joechill01

Thanks for the help guys, Red and MushroomGenie. I'll be sure to hunt down the helmet and both Spellbreaker and Dawnbreaker. Any advice on what gear to get in case I make this a two-handed build? I thought I should share with you all some fight clips I been "studying" for the build

MushroomGenius

The only 2H Daedric Artifacts are The Ebony Blade, which looks more like a Katana, and Volendrung, which is a War Hammer. Neither of which fit well into your roleplay. As far as other Unique/Special items go, oddly there are no suitable 2H Swords out there, everything is either a hammer or a battleaxe.

Dragonbane, a 2H sword, is also a Katana-style. The Gauldur Blackblade is a 1H sword. Nightingale Blade is a 1H. The Pale Blade I think is a 1H, I've never seen this quest.

If aesthetics are a concern, I would stick with either Steel, Skyforge, or Ancient Nord/Nord Hero weapons. Nord Hero weapons can be created once you complete the Companions questline. I never bothered to try making them, I would think they look similar to the weapons that Draugr's carry around. I can check later tonight.

joechill01

If aesthetics are a concern, I would stick with either Steel, Skyforge, or Ancient Nord/Nord Hero weapons. Nord Hero weapons can be created once you complete the Companions questline. I never bothered to try making them, I would think they look similar to the weapons that Draugr's carry around. I can check later tonight.

No need to look it up Nord Hero weapons are just clean-looking versions of Draugr's but thanks for the help Geni. Build is turning out to be pretty *Kk-klkk*

MushroomGenius

No need to look it up Nord Hero weapons are just clean-looking versions of Draugr's but thanks for the help Geni. Build is turning out to be pretty *Kk-klkk*

Yeah okay, I did grab a sword off of a dead Draugr last night, never made it back to the Skyforge though, ended up doing some other quests.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts