• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Well I'm not exactly new to this forum, but I thought I'd post here just to say hello to you all and tell you a little about myself so I don't have to do it everywhere else. I am 30-ish years old. Live on the beach in Sunny Queensland, Australia, with my Husband of five years and son, 13. And...wait.. (omg my husband just handed me the rest of his block of chocolate.. nom nom nom..) Anyway, as you can see I am easily distracted :) Where was I?. oh yeah.. I met my Husband online. We were actually seeing other people and just hit it off as friends and then decided to meet when said relationships didn't work out. We met, and the rest is history :)
Well our little family is quite normal, but we do have a few serious health issues. I am loosing my vision in my left eye due to a degenerative eye disease. I have about 50% vision in the left eye. Which really sucks because I am an artist..so you can imagine.. Due to this disease I suffer from a lot of migraines and stuff. My husband, suffered two lots of childhood leukaemia and subsequently had a heart attack in his late teenage years. He has a terminal heart disease. This year he had a defibrillator inserted and so far is doing well. My son has Aspergers, but apart from having the occasional melt down he is a super kid and extremely intelligent. I have home schooled him for the last 3 years. Both my boys do karate.
So by now you are probably thinking.. "Is this chick serious?". Yes I am, I swear, you could not make this plops up..lol. We are a very close little family completed by our huge, ridiculously hairy kitteh, whom we got when our son was a baby.
How did I get into gaming? I bought myself a sega mega drive way back, and got hooked on games like "Streets of Rage" and "Cyborg Justice". My husband bought his xbox after we were married and plays COD with our Bro-in-law most weekends. He got Skyrim as a free downloadable and so I started playing it. I was a total newbie to xbox and open world playing and I was totally hooked. Skyrim became my "sanctuary" so to speak when we were going through the emotional rollercoaster that is involved with doing IVF. (which failed, and was utterly devastating, but I am OK with it now). It was my way of escaping crappy real life for a while. I eventually bought my own xbox, which had free skyrim with it as well (Which allows me to play two separate games). I have had only three different character builds so far and all three have mainly been sneak/archer type builds. I think my next character will be male. Just for a change :) Decided to join this forum when I needed some answers to some questions basically, and found out it's a pretty good place, full of nice people.
Well that's about it. So..um.. Hi :)

Reactions: Atz

Geel-Kajin

Hey Shadowkitty,
Just wanted to formally meet you as I was pretty impressed with what I've seen you do so far. I wanted to get to know more about you and hence came to your introductions page. (Though why you'd decide to post one after about 400 plus messages I will never understand)

I am interested in the sort of artworks you as an artist create. Are you the traditional sort of artist who enjoys paint and canvas, or a user of more modern methods, such as adobe photoshop? I myself am an artist and thus am keen to find out more about others with similar tastes

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Hey Shadowkitty,
Just wanted to formally meet you as I was pretty impressed with what I've seen you do so far. I wanted to get to know more about you and hence came to your introductions page. (Though why you'd decide to post one after about 400 plus messages I will never understand)

I am interested in the sort of artworks you as an artist create. Are you the traditional sort of artist who enjoys paint and canvas, or a user of more modern methods, such as adobe photoshop? I myself am an artist and thus am keen to find out more about others with similar tastes

Hi and thanks. I guess I never took notice of the other sections on this forum and got bored and read a few others, so decided to write this intro :)
I work with all sorts of mediums. Acrylic on canvas is probably my favourite. But I also do watercolour (in the process of painting mini Koi pond series for Husband), mixed media, art journalling, drawing and I also do/make miniature items. (current project is a miniature library where I am hand making 100 + miniature books. Some of them even leather bound), Oh I also do some leather tooling. I sell my stuff in a shop in the city where I've been doing well so far. Hubby is in the process of building me a web site to sell online.
I have no idea how to use adobe photoshop to be honest. I use a couple of programs, one called Jasc Paintshop Pro.

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
Hey Shadowkitty. I happen to be a newcomer but I thought I'd say hello. I'm an artist as well (though not as good as I want to be). If you don't have anything to do, I've been looking for an artist for my Skyrim character or I love roleplay.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Hey Shadowkitty. I happen to be a newcomer but I thought I'd say hello. I'm an artist as well (though not as good as I want to be). If you don't have anything to do, I've been looking for an artist for my Skyrim character or I love roleplay.

Hi there Krys. Welcome to the forum. I don't think I am a good enough artist to create a character for you. I mainly do mixed media, which is usually pretty abstract. I'm not very god at drawing people (one of my flaws that irks me). I also don't do RP. But there are a lot of others on here that do and there is a whole RP section on this forum that you can check out :) People on here are pretty nice and friendly. Have fun and enjoy :)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Thats really brave of you to describe you and your familys health issues, and i sincerly hope that things get better for all of you guys. you seem like a lovely bunch :)

My mum gets chronic migraines so i know 1st hand just how debilitating they can be, as for the other health issues i can only imagine. my heart goes out to you and your family Kitty <3

As for your artistic streak (which i can see in your awesome fanfic), you will soooo have to put a link up when you get your website up and running. Btw i rekon with your writting skills that you would enjoy a bit of RP. Iv only recently gotten into it and, i must admit, that i prob love doing the character cards a lil more than the actual story. But its all good fun!

30-ISH years old ay? have you forgotten exactly :p hehe

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Thats really brave of you to describe you and your familys health issues, and i sincerly hope that things get better for all of you guys. you seem like a lovely bunch :)

My mum gets chronic migraines so i know 1st hand just how debilitating they can be, as for the other health issues i can only imagine. my heart goes out to you and your family Kitty <3

As for your artistic streak (which i can see in your awesome fanfic), you will soooo have to put a link up when you get your website up and running. Btw i rekon with your writting skills that you would enjoy a bit of RP. Iv only recently gotten into it and, i must admit, that i prob love doing the character cards a lil more than the actual story. But its all good fun!

30-ISH years old ay? have you forgotten exactly :p hehe

Thanks for your kind words. We take each day as it comes and live our lives. That's the best you can do. Why curl up in a little ball and cry? We know all too well life is too short and every day is a gift. Anyway.. enough of the heavy s**t.. lol.
Sorry for your mum, I know what she goes through :sadface:

I am a little scared to RP, as I don't really have any idea what it involves and I am afraid I'd make a mistake or do something stupid..lol.

No I have not forgotten how old I am. I am trying to be blissfully unaware. :p

Lucid

I am a little scared to RP, as I don't really have any idea what it involves and I am afraid I'd make a mistake or do something stupid..lol.

I'm surprised to hear this. Your fanfic shows that you are skilled in both writing and character development. I think you would be a natural at RP, and you'd get to riff off of what other people do with their characters instead of creating the entire story line yourself.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I was a lil nervous about getting into RPing but im glad i did! you should just check out open inns on the RP page. come join me at the silver blood inn :D (the sticky thread)

Only if you wanna of course, but i rekon you would like it aaaand be a natural :cool:

I was a lil nervous about getting into RPing but im glad i did! you should just check out open inns on the RP page. come join me at the silver blood inn :D (the sticky thread)

Only if you wanna of course, but i rekon you would like it aaaand be a natural :cool:

Hey where is your character card? I've read about RP, and think I can give it a go :)

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
As a writer myself, its not too far off. As long as you're detailed, have good grammar, and have a good handle on your character, you'll be just fine. I think of roleplay as two or more people building off the previous post. You get to share your characters with other characters. I'd be happy to tutor you if you like.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Hey where is your character card? I've read about RP, and think I can give it a go :)[/quote]

its in the fatality OCC

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/18-fatality.37542/

I reckon you can give it a go 2 :D

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
heyyy Kittty... as you may have seen in the Fatality RP, Grobenjii is having intimate, drunken relations with a stunning red head in a STONE walled Inn bedroom. i wrote that AFTER my SilverBlood Inn entry and i was planning to match in the two stories.

When i was reading your post in the SB Inn (which btw is excellent, i knew youd be a natural), it just clicked that Wyldfire could potentially be that woman...

Sooooo without sexually pressuring you ;) would it be ok if my Benjii and your Wyldfyre had passionate drunken sex? (sorry, i had to write it like that. hehe)

im sure Farkas wouldnt mind....

Its up2 you though, id understand if declined the um offer :D

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
heyyy Kittty... as you may have seen in the Fatality RP, Grobenjii is having intimate, drunken relations with a stunning red head in a STONE walled Inn bedroom. i wrote that AFTER my SilverBlood Inn entry and i was planning to match in the two stories.

When i was reading your post in the SB Inn (which btw is excellent, i knew youd be a natural), it just clicked that Wyldfire could potentially be that woman...

Sooooo without sexually pressuring you ;) would it be ok if my Benjii and your Wyldfyre had passionate drunken sex? (sorry, i had to write it like that. hehe)

Sure, why not :) Go for it lol. And thanks. sorry it took me a while to write it. I had it half written and had to leave it. Then the editing went all stupid. Will watch the fatality rp with interest :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Hey can you direct me to the Fatality RP please?

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Sure, why not :) Go for it lol. And thanks. sorry it took me a while to write it. I had it half written and had to leave it. Then the editing went all stupid. Will watch the fatality rp with interest :)

I wasnt expecting that! Grobenjii is gonna be so excited ;) cheers kitty

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I wasnt expecting that! Grobenjii is gonna be so excited ;) cheers kitty

Thanks, I found it. One thing though. Wyldfyre is a Nord. A very feisty Nord ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts