Hello I’m new looking for advice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mattl22

Hello I’m new to Skyrim I love the game but there is so much to do I’m having trouble finding a path I just traveling around trying to clear whatever I come across feels like I have a lot to learn still yet to see a dragon but have found a few shouts can’t use them though I guess I could use a little direction or recommendations

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattl22

I guess I’m trying to figure out what the overall point is am I supposed to join up with a group or should I continue trying to build the character I haven’t really been doing the sm quests along the way should I?
Mostly I’d like to get my character stronger

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
Faction quests are pretty fun. I've ran through all of them multiple times. Each one is based on class. What would you define your character as? Depending on your character depends on the faction that would suit you best. Also you need to go to Bleak Falls Barrow and turn over the dragon stone to get dragons to appear. ;)

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

mattl22

Awesome I’ll be headed over there tonight lol I was there already but guess I missed that ....
I am a nord I’ll try and get a shot of my character to post so u can see what I have so far
Appreciate the help

JoeReese

It's kind of weird. If you just go for the Riverwood Trader's missing claw, you can end up with the dragon stone and not realize it, or not have any way to turn it in. In my last game, for example, Farengar just wouldn't accept it, wouldn't give me any dialog, until I went back to Riverwood and got someone to tell me "the jarl needs to know," then came back to Whiterun and told the Jarl about the dragon at Helgen. Then he introduced me to Farengar, who told me he needed the dragonstone. Only then did it allow me to say I had it already, turn it over, and begin the battle at the Western Watchtower. That's when you get to use that first FUS shout you learned, in Bleak Falls, and when random dragons start killing all your valued merchan...I mean...start showing up in game.

Moo

Hello I’m new to Skyrim I love the game but there is so much to do I’m having trouble finding a path I just traveling around trying to clear whatever I come across feels like I have a lot to learn still yet to see a dragon but have found a few shouts can’t use them though I guess I could use a little direction or recommendations

Thank you in advance

I'd suggest loosely following the main storyline, it serves as a good guideline to familiarize new players into the world. When you come across something that you feel you want to do (Say, join a guild, or explore a dungeon) then do that instead for awhile. Skyrim is all about freedom of choice and making your own story. Dont feel the need to follow a predetermined path. Do your own thing and enjoy it.
PS. that feeling of being overwhelmed and lost in a world with as much possibilities as Skyrim is one of the best feelings when first playing Skyrim. Treasure it*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts