• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Hey all you guys in this forum.

Greetings from freezing Finland. I am already waiting for -30~ celsius winter.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, tell me about it. It was a nice slushy walk that evening. Welcome to the forum :]

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Welcome, Vimalamitra.

Yep, snow in October. That has not happened in a long time, really anywhere I've lived.
Say hello to global warming.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Too bad that ignorant morons will interpret it as the opposite: Disproof of global warming.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
But don’t forget that the top-tier Democrats and Republicans are both little more than their puppets who’ll gladly let them buttfluff the people if that pays well for them. Most successful politicians are such disgustingly egoistic asswipes.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Yeah, it's rare here too that whole Gulf of Baltic is frozen all over, and temperature drops below 30 celsius. This weather phenomena, was it not called El Niño? In which, every season goes extreme.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Errr, you live in Finland, right? So what would an El Niño have to do with your weather? The last time one was so extreme that it influenced Europe’s climate was in the forties.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Yes, maybe you're right. I don't know. But every year seems to be "the most" coldest or warmest since they started to take notes about weather.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Exactly! That’s the point. If it gets warmer/colder on average each year then each new year will be the warmest/coldest year ever (because it increases incrementally)! That’s what is to be expected, you see?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Good point. However, we had before these crazy-cold winters almost no snow at all. Only rain and darkness. Wouldn't it be cool, if Gulf Stream got messed up by global warming, and we had no summer at all! That could also improve our Santa Claus tourism.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
No summer at all? That would mess up your ecosystems pretty badly, I’m afraid. What are you going to eat if the majority of plants and animals die as a result from that?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
No summer at all? That would mess up your ecosystems pretty badly, I’m afraid. What are you going to eat if the majority of plants and animals die as a result from that?

I guess, there wouldn't be so many Rudolf the Reindeers hanging around anymore.

But seriously, people here feel indifferent about global warming, because so far, it has had only ´positive´ effects, such as warmer summer. What they should consider is what you just wrote; it can mess up quite badly our ecosystem. There's already some signs - hailstorms in England, serious snowing in UK...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts