Heavy Mage Build and Questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Valyn

make a character in oblivion. battlemages dont have a weapon skill. spell swords do. just saying even though Im not a part in this.
Definition of battlemage:
Battlemages are masters of combat magic. Mystic Might increases the damage done by these casters, and they get a substantial Magicka bonus as well.
Normal mages use combat magic too.

Xarnac

And Battlemages are seen with armor. And have more magic skills than Spellswords.

Valyn

I dont use armor on my mage. i prefer the alteration spells. plusthe perk makes them better than armor and until I find a valid reason to use armor on a mage, I will always think its silly.
The max you can get 80% avoid all damage, or 300 for ebonyflesh, and if your any good at smithing or enchanting you easily get the max armor cap. So, would you rather have to cast a new spell for almost EVERY battle, or just run right into it?

Valyn

well I can regenerate pretty fast. plus heavy armor slows me way down. and it weighs a ton. where robes weigh a max of like 3. and I have necromancers so I need to be fast on my feet to out run people.
Actually theres a perk AND stone, so armor can weigh nothing, so that means robes weigh more than armor.

Valyn

But i actually prefer robes for mage, because it looks cool, and you don't really need that much armor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts