• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

VendettaX

So, i have always been a huge critic when it comes to the way my gear looks and i am not fond of any of the light gear in skyrim. I play a sneak/assassin bows/daggers. I see some people going into the heavy armor for the conditioning perk and getting muffle enchantment for the boots/using spell. I was curious if there was a way to be as effective as far as not being detected in heavy armor vs. wearing light armor.. Any guide of what i should use/spec for in perks if i were to decide to go that route.

ShadowGambit

Muffle Spell Enchantment reduces the noise of your heavy armor by 100%.

When you get that, you are as effective in sneaking as with a light armor or no armor.

It just weights WAY more if you don't have the Conditioning perk.

LiL KiNG

The Steed Stone (near the Thalmor Embassy west of Solitude) will remove movement penalties for your armor too, letting move in heavy as if you were in light armor. Plus it adds another 100 lbs of carry weight as a bonus.

Once you can put muffle on your boots that is a must! Muffle + Fortify Sneak boots and the Steed Stone make heavy armor just as good as light for being a stealthy character.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
The Steed Stone (near the Thalmor Embassy west of Solitude) will remove movement penalties for your armor too, letting move in heavy as if you were in light armor. Plus it adds another 100 lbs of carry weight as a bonus.

Once you can put muffle on your boots that is a must! Muffle + Fortify Sneak boots and the Steed Stone make heavy armor just as good as light for being a stealthy character.
Conditioning has the same movement enhancing quality.

So, i have always been a huge critic when it comes to the way my gear looks and i am not fond of any of the light gear in skyrim. I play a sneak/assassin bows/daggers. I see some people going into the heavy armor for the conditioning perk and getting muffle enchantment for the boots/using spell. I was curious if there was a way to be as effective as far as not being detected in heavy armor vs. wearing light armor.. Any guide of what i should use/spec for in perks if i were to decide to go that route.
Conditioning+Muffle Effect/Silence Perk will make your sneaking unhindered by heavy armor. Of course you will need some personal skill as well.

LiL KiNG

Conditioning has the same movement enhancing quality.

Ah I see, I've never actually put any points into either the Heavy or Light armor skill trees so I was actually unaware of that perk. I'm focused on being a sneaky archer so I'm rarely even detected much less harmed.
So for someone like me, the Steed Stone is pretty beneficial so I can wear my mix-matched light/heavy armor set without penalty. For those investing in the armor perk trees or even those who want the benefits of a different Stone, the Conditioning perk is pretty nice.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Ah I see, I've never actually put any points into either the Heavy or Light armor skill trees so I was actually unaware of that perk. I'm focused on being a sneaky archer so I'm rarely even detected much less harmed.
So for someone like me, the Steed Stone is pretty beneficial so I can wear my mix-matched light/heavy armor set without penalty. For those investing in the armor perk trees or even those who want the benefits of a different Stone, the Conditioning perk is pretty nice.
I use the stead stone on my assassin main for the carry boost. No other stone has shown any use to me for him.

WhiteTrash1876

I too play Heavy-Armor assassin, however whenever its time to assassinate i put on the dark brotherhood clothes. until then i wear my deadra armor.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Favoriting you boots is a convient way to help you sneak at lower levels. (take them off quickly when you want to sneak.)
Ebony Mail. though later in the game is the only chest armor with muffle effect and since your a archer the poison passive shouldn't screw you over that much.
And everything you mentioned and you have a sneaky tank. :D

mr noname

also *spoilers* if you finish the thieves guild questline you can get a perk that makes you invisable whenever you go into sneek mode ( for 120 seconds a day ).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts