Hearthfire Trailer Out...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TwintailHellcat

The Kasha of Old Hell
So, Hearthfire revealed! Well, I was hoping for another sizable adventure but this is kind of nice too. I agree that it's targeted to consol users. We on the PC have mods for NPC's behaviors and there's Build Your Own Home (I wonder what that mod author thinks of this!) I have doubts that they'll let you buy just any ol' plot of land. If they do actually give you a lot of options on where to place it, I will be impressed. I'll definitely be waiting for the reviews to roll in before I purchase it.

McScroggz

Any idea if you can really choose any plot of land in Skyrim? Or will there be limitations to where you can build? The first place I thought of is near a grotto, though my dream would be to have the grotto be attached to my house like an underground passage (highly unlikely I presume).

Exelex

Any idea if you can really choose any plot of land in Skyrim? Or will there be limitations to where you can build? The first place I thought of is near a grotto, though my dream would be to have the grotto be attached to my house like an underground passage (highly unlikely I presume).
From the trailer, I assume that you can choose any spout that has a lot of space and isn't too close to any other establishments or houses. The question I want to know is if you can build your house in a major hold. I would think that you could build one somewhere in Morthal or Falkreath being that they are designed more like villages instead of holds.

McScroggz

I know I'm probably in the minority but if Hearthfire delivers on what I imagine it's offering, then I'd rather have it than Dawngaurd. Sadly, as a PS3 user, I shudder to think at the bugs that are present in this. In fact, considering the biggest issue with the PlayStation version is the countless objects throughout the world not resetting - and Hearthfire would add to this problem with its mechanics - it would be very odd indeed if we got Hearthfire before Dawngaurd.

Star Gazer

My two fl*ffin' cents.
First of all, Bethesda gave us promises of large, new, and original downloadable content. Unlike Oblivion, which had small DLCs, but many, Skyrim would have few dlcs, but they would be large, open, and expansions to the story, or in-game play. Making Skyrim into Skysims, like someone has previously stated, would be horrible. And adopting those nord children? I still have the voice of that girl from Whiterun ringing in my head! "Battle born! Give me your money!" And, "I won't respect you, even if you are my elder!" Now we can have our favorite pre-pubescent brat on the go!

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
So, Hearthfire revealed! Well, I was hoping for another sizable adventure but this is kind of nice too. I agree that it's targeted to consol users. We on the PC have mods for NPC's behaviors and there's Build Your Own Home (I wonder what that mod author thinks of this!) I have doubts that they'll let you buy just any ol' plot of land. If they do actually give you a lot of options on where to place it, I will be impressed. I'll definitely be waiting for the reviews to roll in before I purchase it.
The Game Jam featured the home building so they don't have any rights to complain about stealing ideas

Verac

My two fl*ffin' cents.
First of all, Bethesda gave us promises of large, new, and original downloadable content. Unlike Oblivion, which had small DLCs, but many, Skyrim would have few dlcs, but they would be large, open, and expansions to the story, or in-game play. Making Skyrim into Skysims, like someone has previously stated, would be horrible. And adopting those nord children? I still have the voice of that girl from Whiterun ringing in my head! "Battle born! Give me your money!" And, "I won't respect you, even if you are my elder!" Now we can have our favorite pre-pubescent brat on the go!
i like the idea, but it should have been in the game to begin with. also id pay money to have half the big glitches fixed. blood on ice......ebony blade....dark brotherhood mask....and my beloved rueful axe that is useless due to the slowest swing speed in the game )'= ((btw for anyone intrested in this DLC you should wait for a few to see if it wreaks of glitches)) as bethesda is notorious for it. and not fixing it.

TwintailHellcat

The Kasha of Old Hell
The Game Jam featured the home building so they don't have any rights to complain about stealing ideas

Oh I know it was featured. I never specified anything about complaining~ <3 I just wondered what the mod author is thinking to themselves! "It's about time" "Oh I wish I could have done [feature]" etc etc.

I can't wait for Sept 4th. Got my points & gonna build me a house!
I play slowly, so it will be fun to see it evolve over time.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
it would be nice if dawnguard came out for ps3 BEFORE another Dlc comes out... just sayin

it would be nice if dawnguard came out for ps3 BEFORE another Dlc comes out... just sayin
Hmm, I think Rayven should add the "PS3 Whiner" pin... just sayin'.

Really, though. I do feel bad for all you PS3 Skyrim fans out there. Everything gets delayed for you, you can't have mods, creation kit, or console commands (nor can Xbox players), and you don't feel like a badass using that tiny, sensitive controller. The Xbox controllers have always been pretty big. Remember the Duke? The first Xbox controller? HOLY pl*ps! I could barely reach all the buttons. I really feel like a douche getting everything first on Skyrim, though. Talos bless you, PS3 Dovahkiins. :)

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
Hmm, I think Rayven should add the "PS3 Whiner" pin... just sayin'.

Really, though. I do feel bad for all you PS3 Skyrim fans out there. Everything gets delayed for you, you can't have mods, creation kit, or console commands (nor can Xbox players), and you don't feel like a badass using that tiny, sensitive controller. The Xbox controllers have always been pretty big. Remember the Duke? The first Xbox controller? HOLY pl*ps! I could barely reach all the buttons. I really feel like a douche getting everything first on Skyrim, though. Talos bless you, PS3 Dovahkiins. :)
yeah.. gettin blessed by talos. if you want to see some real whiners, go to like, the ign forums. i want that pin.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts