Xbox 360 Hearthfire steward problem..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dustin D

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been addressed here or not, but i'm having a problem hiring a steward for my hearthfire house in the pale, I finished my house and realized I didn't have a steward. So I set out to find one and I tried to hire two or three different people (thinking maybe it was an issue with a specific follower) but it's simply not giving me an option to have them be my steward, even when I take them to my house. Any help is appreciated.

TLDR; I can't hire a steward cause it doesn't give me an option upon talking to them.

T0BY FLENDERS0N

Had a Similar problem. Your supposed to be given a housecarl but he got glitched on me. His Names Gregor and he's disappeared. In the mean time just use on of your other housecarls they always accept.

atlas7d

Check Skyrim Hearth Fire wiki. There is now a complete list of who of your followers. Can become Stewards to the houses. Not all followers can be Stewards.

Lokir

The only people you can hire to be your steward are Friends/Followers, and if there able to do it, they will always say yes, person I always use is Lydia, just take them to your house and if you have the option to ask them, they will always say yes.

Mjoll Abuser

Obey me!
You can only hire people that are ON your property. Keep waiting outside your house until one of the appointed house carls appears and hire him. Even though my house carl appeared by my house I still had to wait until he walked very close to it before the dialogue option appeared. I know it is weird, but that is how it works.

namelessgrace

When you find a follower you like, ask him/her to follow you. Fast travel to your house and, if it's completed, then they should stop you and offer their services as a steward.

Christopher Pendley

Don't Tread On ME
I downloaded the Hearthfire DLC but I'm not getting offered to buy land. I don't know what to do. I've walked around the town to see if I would be approached but never do. What can I do?????

JClarke1953

I had to go back to the Jarl's longhouse in Morthal the first time. The second time, he "appeared" just as the Jarl told me I was getting a follower. When we got to the house, he said it was such a nice place it needed a housecarl to tend to the property. Lydia had done the same when I built one in Falkreath.

Thing is, they can't be replaced that I know of. I had one follow me on a job, and she was killed. Haven't figured how, much less if they can be replaced.

Tryn

Premium Member
I downloaded the Hearthfire DLC but I'm not getting offered to buy land. I don't know what to do. I've walked around the town to see if I would be approached but never do. What can I do?????
This is a different problem than the one posted. You need to have completed certain quests before the Jarl will offer you land.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts