1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Hearthfire: Steward furnishing a room question

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by winterforge, Sep 5, 2012.

1. winterforge New Member

Message Count:
    I elected to have my steward furnish my bedroom and armory. He took the money and said he would make the arrangements. I have waited a couple of in-game days and the rooms are still empty. How long should this take? I am kind of regretting paying the man now as he seems like a lazy SOB who can't get the job done and I should have just done it myself :-) How much longer should I expect to wait to see the rooms completed?
  2. Shaun92R New Member

Message Count:
    I did the same thing been about 2 in game days and still nothing hopefully be done when i get back from the quest im on now
  3. Thorn1nYourSid3 Insert witty comment here...

Message Count:
    LOL, sounds like real life contractors. Hope every thing turns out well for you guys though.
  4. andrew9300 Member

Message Count:
    Happen to me to. I would just reload a previous save so you can get your money back
  5. Lizzifer Watch out for hop-ons.

Message Count:
    This might be a glitch. The first time I bought furnishings from my steward (getting a steward in the first place proved just as glitchy) they never showed up in the house, so I loaded a previous save, bought the furnishings, fast travelled to Whiterun to sell some stuff, went back and poof, it looked great.
  6. andrew9300 Member

Message Count:
    I did that and got some stuff but not all of it
  7. Lizzifer Watch out for hop-ons.

Message Count:
    Maybe try another reload Andrew. If that doesn't work, then building everything at the work benches might be the only way to get your house furnished.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    andrew9300: 1 Point (You're helpful) Sep 5, 2012
  8. andrew9300 Member

Message Count:
    I don't know. I'll try a reload later. I am fast traveling to see
  9. andrew9300 Member

Message Count:
    Actually I am keep fast traveling and more stuff keeps coming in each time
  10. Lizzifer Watch out for hop-ons.

Message Count:
    Awesome :) Hopefully enough will pop up that will leave less to build from scratch.
  11. andrew9300 Member

Message Count:
    Thanks. More comes in slowly. I am going to get more stewards so fast traveling works and get more stuff
  12. Dymentia New Member

Message Count:
    I asked my steward to furnish the entry room (in Heljarchen hall)over a month ago (ingame time) and a single thing in that room YET! Any way i can fire him? or can i wait for a bandits kill him?
  13. Skulli Is that fur coming out of your ears?

Message Count:
    I have Lakeview Manor, but neither the Jarl of Falkreath, nor his steward offer me the option to get livestock and NO NPC will offer the dialogue to become my steward.

It's been weeks in game time since I fully furnished my house....a glitch?
  14. Dymentia New Member

Message Count:
    skulli- go get a follower from another house, (like lidia from whiterun) then go to lakeview manor . when u are near lakeview manor she should initiate a conversation of her asking to become steward there. any housecarl will do.
  15. Skulli Is that fur coming out of your ears?

Message Count:

Thanks! Since I'm the Harbinger now, I'll probably choose one of the Companions, so my wife, Aela will have a close friend at the house when she's not adventuring with me!
  16. Shadow King Grand master of the Order of Talos.

Message Count:
    Its happened to me before either the stewards are money robbing bastards or bethesda has giving us another glitch, its obviously the glitch one, no matter how long u wait u will never see any furniture etc. I love this game I just wished u could play one god damb character without seeing major glitches like this:sadface:
  17. Gowsh Old Fart

Message Count:
    I've found that the stewards will eventually get around to doing the furnishing, but in-game months are not out of the question.

I'm not sure if they'll ever do the cellars, however.

If so, it's last on their lists.
  18. Skulli Is that fur coming out of your ears?

Message Count:
    I was amazed that my Steward earlier this moring "took my order" and then delivered by the time I crafted a new shield and stepped outdoors...I musta got lucky for a change?