• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm trying to find the various console codes for Hearthfire. The main one I'm looking for is the steward faction code. I know the adoptable faction code, but I want to know the code for the steward faction. I want to see if I can make any NPC into a steward using addtofaction and the steward faction code (I've also heard from a lot of sources about stewards that Mjoll the Lioness and Derkeethus can't become stewards, but others have said they can become stewards and they're just glitched, so I'd also like to know who's right and who's wrong).

UPDATE: Found the code through the Creation Kit. However, I can confirm that just using addtofaction to add an NPC to the steward faction will not generate the necessary dialogue for them to become your steward (I made Jaree-Ra into a follower usinng the console, then added him to the steward faction, took him to Laveview Manor, and nothing happened). However, something else I discovered in the Creation Kit is all the available dialogue for the Male Argonian Voice. This includes all the normal dialogue from NPC's such as Derkeethus, Veezara, and Jaree-Ra. However, there are other dialogue options such as what I think an Orc would say to you if you broke the rules in one of the stronghold, olus the dialogue for an NPC tp become a steward. In other words, if you want Derkeethus as your steward, the dialogue exists. However, he must be glitched because the option never shows up. Now I need to figure out how to get Derkeethus to initiate the dialogue, cause it's there, but won't show. *sigh*

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
They say that some NPC's with unique voices can't be converted, but that's just a guess.

I'd like to have Mjoll as my steward, but I need to go up a few levels and do her quest first. I'll let you know when I do.

They say that some NPC's with unique voices can't be converted, but that's just a guess.

I'd like to have Mjoll as my steward, but I need to go up a few levels and do her quest first. I'll let you know when I do.

While that is true, Derkeethus's voice has the dialogue for the steward for faction. And I know that all Argonians can have the same dialogue because Jaree-Ra has the exact same follower dialogue as Derkeethus. So if Bethesda had the voice actor for the male Argonians do some steward dialogue for Hearthfire, it means Derkeethus should be eligible for beingg a steward. But since he doesn't seem to be able to become a steward, it's obviousky a glitch and there has to be a way to fis said glitch.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I get ya. He should be available, but isn't.

If it's a glitch, than maybe console commands don't have the ability to fix it. Bad code maybe.

There's an Unofficial Hearthfire Patch available on Steam. Maybe it has a fix?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts