Hearthfire for PC is UP on Steam!!!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Got it installing on my PC at home (hooray, remote install). Too bad I won't be home for another 6 hours. :sadface:

Janus3003

Let me know if you stumble across any bugs :)
I'll put some roach hotels and whatnot, but we'll see what happens. I could be wrong, but I think Skyrim's too cold for termites, too.

And I may hold off on getting a bard until someone makes this guy available for hire:

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I've loaded and looked at it. I already have a bug where I can't get into my "Breezehome" with Hearthfire Loaded, but it could be anything. Could be a mod I have, who knows.

Janus3003

I've loaded and looked at it. I already have a bug where I can't get into my "Breezehome" with Hearthfire Loaded, but it could be anything. Could be a mod I have, who knows.
I just read on the Steam forums that Hearthfire isn't compatible with Breezehome mods and the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I just read on the Steam forums that Hearthfire isn't compatible with Breezehome mods and the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

Hmmm... may have to wait for the Hearthfire-edition USKP then to get it.

Janus3003

Okay, two issues so far.
First was mod based. I could ask the stewards to replace a room with a children's room, but the house wouldn't update. I could pay for it repeatedly, but no change.
Turned out to be incompatible with the House Map Marker mod I was using. However, I couldn't actually see the cost of the upgrade before and after changing my mods. It was displayed as "[...] Gold."

The other one was a pathing issue. I adopted Lucia, and soon played hide and seek with her. Her first hiding place was right by the front door in Breezehome (...yeah, good spot, kid), but her second was clipping under some massive rocks. :eek:
Luckily she popped back out after I ran around those rocks a couple of times.

So, yeah, I'm liking it so far. Lucia tells me that Lydia said she'll teach her to bake. How Lydia's going to do that with a stew pot is beyond me, but hey, what do I know?

EDIT
Can't seem to dismiss my follower Rayya. She has the dialogue and everything, but keeps following me, no matter how many times I tell her to go away.
And Ria, my steward, asks if I'm lost whenever I enter the house.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Okay, two issues so far.
EDIT
Can't seem to dismiss my follower Rayya. She has the dialogue and everything, but keeps following me, no matter how many times I tell her to go away.
And Ria, my steward, asks if I'm lost whenever I enter the house.

Had that issue too, but I also have the UFO mod and haven't checked it yet... Yeah im pretty much useless :cowboy:

Docta Corvina

Still on the fence about this DLC...the stubborn side of me is really eager to try reproducing a lot of the elements myself, like the new houses and room changes. But I'm also incredibly lazy and already need to finish the mods I have started. So, who knows. :p

Janus3003

I have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch can anyone confirm that its isn't compatible with heathfire?
Can't confirm it for myself, but a lot of people have been saying that it's incompatible.
Had that issue too, but I also have the UFO mod and haven't checked it yet... Yeah im pretty much useless :cowboy:
I wondered if UFO or some other follower mod was screwing with her. I'm going to try a console command to dismiss her before I start rearranging mods.

I love how since I married Lydia, the housecarl room in Breezehome has no use whatsoever. Kinda terrible looking into Lucia's eyes and telling her I have no room for her in my home, despite a perfectly good guest bedroom being available.

ah3nos

I have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch can anyone confirm that its isn't compatible with heathfire?

I haven't had an issue yet. I have the unofficial patch and so far I have managed to build the basic house. I'll let you know if I have any issues. Do you know specifically what the incompatibility issues are that are being reported?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Janus3003

Do you know specifically what the incompatibility issues are that are being reported?
I've heard it makes the game crash upon entering Breezehome.

Rayya's still following me around. I tried disabling her AI and leaving her in the cellar (I'm mean :D), but my "Followers Keep Up" mod makes her teleport around anyway.
I'll have to look more into my mods and see what's up.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Sofie is the one child I always adopt, you just feel so bad for her.

"They... they're dead. My mama died when I was little... I... I don't remember her very well. My father was a Stormcloak soldier. One day, he left and... didn't come back. I'm all alone... I... I try to sell flowers so I can buy food. It's not much but... what else can I do?"

I came across her after that talk at night and heard her say "No one bought any flowers... what am I going to do"

No matter how evil I be she always touches the heart strings of any character I have.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts