PC HearthFire - Child won't move into lakeview

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moony22

Hi All,

I recently built a house in Lakeview Manor. I built a bedroom wing, a double bed, two child's beds and two child chests. I then went to Sofie in windhelm, and the only place I could move her was my house in Markarth. So I adopted her and she went to my house in Markarth. I then waited a bit, and tried to see if she had a dialogue for moving or something. There was no option for making her move. I have no spouse, (Well I did but some mod messed my spouse up), and I have a bard and steward. Am I doing anything wrong?

I would appreciate any help with this :D

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Clearly she's rebelling.

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Clearly. She keeps saying "Awww...Stop teasing me!", so obviously she doesn't like me anymore.
is your house badass enough for her? She might not like the current setup xD

Moony22

Oh it's badass enough for anyone. Wings on all sides, a stable, a cow, 3 chickens, a personal bard steward and driver, and most of them fully furnished. Who wouldn't want to live there?

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Oh it's badass enough for anyone. Wings on all sides, a stable, a cow, 3 chickens, a personal bard steward and driver, and most of them fully furnished. Who wouldn't want to live there?
Honestly, I've never come across this glitch. Is there any chance you can reload to just before you adopted her? If you have a wife and she's in markarth, your pets/children etc will all move WITH your wife if you tell her to move. Have you tried that?

Moony22

Oh wow, you're actually being serious. I don't have a wife, although I used to, but some mod "unwifed" her :/. And I'll try reload before I adopted her. Thanks!

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Oh wow, you're actually being serious. I don't have a wife, although I used to, but some mod "unwifed" her :/. And I'll try reload before I adopted her. Thanks!
Welcome xD

Moony22

Well, I reloaded to a previous save, built the child's bed and chest again, no option to adopt a child in Lakeview Manor. Is there like, a console command or something that can, I don't know, make Lakview Manor my main/default home, or make it valid? Or any other way I could do it? Thanks

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Hmm, I play xbox so I wouldn't know about any console commands. Did you try getting a wife and moving her to lakeview manor? That's the only way I know of sorry :sadface: Wish I could be of more help.

Moony22

I can't get a wife, like I said because some mod messed it up. However I remember how to reset marriages (somehow), I'll have a go at that. Thanks, and you are being helpful though :p

Moony22

Finally, I fixed it! Turns out as well as 2 child's beds and 2 child's chests, I needed to make 2 small wardrobes and 2 shelves, (Don't ask me why, it's weird). But thanks for all the help :)!

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Finally, I fixed it! Turns out as well as 2 child's beds and 2 child's chests, I needed to make 2 small wardrobes and 2 shelves, (Don't ask me why, it's weird). But thanks for all the help :)!
Hmm, I don't think I had to do that. Oh well I'm glad you got it fixed :)

Toxic Waste

Same thing happened to me. Except I had sent my kids to Lakeview. Then I got Haggeling Hall (yeah, spelling is wrong) and told them to move there, but they wouldn't. So I searched the net to et an answer and wound up here. Glad about that too. I thought it was a glitch. Then I read the post and realized that I didn't have the kids chest or wardrobe. So, thanks Mooney.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts