Have you found another game that compares to Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
Short answer: Skyrim has its merits. However, this thread asked a specific question. I answered that question and then supported my answer when challenged.

Skyrim has moments of greatness and I spent my share of time within its pixelated borders. As for the joining of this forum, I did so because of those moments of greatness and for meeting other people who enjoy games such as this. I have a passion for fantasy works, and chances were that others on this board might have the same.

Also, tx12001, it is not a "mere few bugs" that eventually led me to seek better gaming experiences. Did you even read my post, or did you just dismiss it outright because it wasn't in agreement with your personal opinions? Try reading it again. I never said "few" nor did I state that it was bugs alone that ruined the experience.

Lastly, it is not "shallow" of me to dislike a game for it not working properly. I paid my 60 dollars for it, so I expect it to function properly. It is a credit to the game that I did manage to soak some fun out of the game despite its many flaws. Except for Hearthfire; I had to uninstall that DLC because the game was unbearable after I built the first house. But I digress, point is, I resent being called shallow for not wanting immersion ruining bugs in a game designed to be immersive. Terming me thus is rude and I would appreciate an apology. Please send it via pm so as not to take this thread any more offtopic.

skydawg

Yeah as I suspected and from I could gather from other Skyrim enthusiasts, there really isn't anything out there right now that can quite compare with it.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Are you really asking for an apology?
it appears he is but he aint getting one cause there is nothing to apologise for

Short answer: Skyrim has its merits. However, this thread asked a specific question. I answered that question and then supported my answer when challenged.

Skyrim has moments of greatness and I spent my share of time within its pixelated borders. As for the joining of this forum, I did so because of those moments of greatness and for meeting other people who enjoy games such as this. I have a passion for fantasy works, and chances were that others on this board might have the same.

Also, tx12001, it is not a "mere few bugs" that eventually led me to seek better gaming experiences. Did you even read my post, or did you just dismiss it outright because it wasn't in agreement with your personal opinions? Try reading it again. I never said "few" nor did I state that it was bugs alone that ruined the experience.

Lastly, it is not "shallow" of me to dislike a game for it not working properly. I paid my 60 dollars for it, so I expect it to function properly. It is a credit to the game that I did manage to soak some fun out of the game despite its many flaws. Except for Hearthfire; I had to uninstall that DLC because the game was unbearable after I built the first house. But I digress, point is, I resent being called shallow for not wanting immersion ruining bugs in a game designed to be immersive. Terming me thus is rude and I would appreciate an apology. Please send it via pm so as not to take this thread any more offtopic.[/quote0

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Plenty.

Harc

Big Hog
Oblivion is the best RPG I have ever played, only thing better about skyrim are the movements, and RP ability

Felidae

The White Wanderer
Oblivion is the best RPG I have ever played, only thing better about skyrim are the movements, and RP ability

I agree. Technically Skyrim is a better, more advanced game than Oblivion, but to be honest I think I enjoyed playing the latter more. Something about the overall atmosphere just captivated me.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
only thing better about skyrim are the movements, and RP ability

Don't forget graphics, and better optimized for PC, and a load of other things.

But I agree, I like Oblivion more overall.

setsua

I love the RP feel of skyrim and the things you can do in the world but I love the look of Oblivion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

sticky runes

If there was a game like Skyrim but set in a world of Greek Mythology, I would never see the light of day again.

Stalker

Other than older Elder Scrolls games I've found nothing like Skyrim. Two Worlds Two is similar but I didn't like it. Then you have maybe Risen, didn't care for that either. Kingdoms of Amalur is good fun however your very limited to how you play.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts